USA Waterski wants us to call them?

Roger

• Baller
Funny, I received the same call and I am no longer a member. They are putting together info and asking about positive experiences. It is not USA Waterski, but they have been authorized by them. More than likely, trying to clarify all info and then put together a directory.....to sell you. My fraternity did the same thing under the guise of "updating information" and since I dutifully responded, I was later offered the updated directory. Maybe with membership loss, they are looking for other revenue streams?

• Baller_
The cover story is that they want you to verify your information. But, they also want to interview you for content for a special 100th anniversary compilation of stories, etc. I suspect that is the real impetus.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I find this very unprofessional from USA-WS and Nate. This is a 3rd party company that wants to sell you what they'll make, my school Alumni did the same thing. For the President of our membership association to put their name on a solicitation is not acceptable in my opinion.

• Baller
I initially assumed it was a phishing attempt since the email address is different (and an outside organization) from the purported sender. I sent an email to AWSA letting them know there was a phishing attempt and received a response that they had made arrangements with this outside company. I wonder how much of our personal information was given to this fund raising company to "verify" when we call? I am not a fan of this.

• Baller
I as many other are not interested in this or giving “our history” to AWSA. If they wanted our information verified as they claim they could do that electronically my email or on the website. So far I have received two emails and one postcard, they should have spent their time and energy communicating the SafeSport/Insurance issues and option to membership a year ago.

• Baller_
@ALPJr, that has been published and shipped already (I've received mine). This latest effort is the directory type of marketing effort that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

• Baller_
@LeonL, it was an email that asks you to call to verify your information. They don't call you, they want you to call them. When I got mine, I contacted Melanie Hanson at USA Water Ski to make sure it was really from them or approved by them. Melanie said it was legit. I called and the representative did mention some things about some sort of commemorative directory. She had all of my information in front of her and read it to me. Before she did that, I had told her that I had confirmed my information before calling by logging into my USA Water Ski account and viewing it there. Then, she asked if would like to be interviewed for this directory. I declined.

• Baller
OK, that answers that. Sadly, I've come to the point that I'm deleting most all emails from usawaterski without even opening them, unless the subject line seems important. See my previous post.

• Baller

@markn and @dave2ball

No telling if it's the case in above post, but scrolling on a phone it's easy to accidentally hit a dislike, disagree (or any of the reactions) without knowing it. I have many dislikes snd disagree, im sure those were all accidental......wouldn't get too worked up over it.

• Baller

@ScottScott very valid point. Not worked up, just want people to stand by positions and reasonings...whatever they are and not hide behind anonymity.

Regarding the call back, I started the interview and when I told them I was no longer a member, they hung up on me!