D3 NRG R2- Best all-round ski on the market...D3 just gets it!

509skier

• Baller
Ran one of these for a few weeks last season. Great ski! But then again I skied 5 others that were great too! Right up to my practice average in 1-3 sets on Goode, Radar, Denali and D3. There are some great skis out there right now!

• Baller

I have a ski buddy, if you cut him in half, you would see D3 written through his middle, Thought I would give a NRG R2 a go, turned nice, but slow compared to the 2021 Radar Vapor , I am on now.

Never really got on with D3 skis, but have always got on well with Radar straight out of the box , stock settings , then minor adjustments.

Shows the different attributes of skis, suits different people, what is a great ski for one person, is not so good for somebody else.

Like @Bdecker says there are some awesome skis out there.

• Baller
I am really enjoying this ski because of the attributes @6balls listed. the ski is stable, predictable, and fully capable. For me it has really provided a great platform to work on my technique with the performance that matches any other top ski I have been on. The ski really is supportive and responds well to skier inputs. I moved to this ski from a C65 and previously a Vapor (the blue one). For me each of those skis were drastic separations from each other, but all of them including the NRG R2 have aspects that I really like. The Vapor was fast across course and really a fun ski to ride, I do miss it. The C65 was insanely good when I was skiing well? Was hard for me to find consistency on it though. The NRG R2 has given my skiing consistency, confidence, and therefore fun. It's a lot of fun to ski up to your PB every set without feeling like it was just a lucky day. I don't mind a ski that feels different than my old ski. That's the whole reason I bought a new ski, to get a different ski. I do enjoy learning what each ski can teach me while I learn how to use each ski. I do think if you have a high end ski from any brand you have a ski that can take you places.

• Baller
For anyone curious about the NRG R2 but looking for a used or cheaper option I'll also mention that the R1 is a PHENOMENAL ski as well. It's kinda slipped away into history but the people that have it and know, KNOW.

• Baller

@Dano My story is the same only I had a HO Omega between the C65 and the R2. I have been experiencing the same....ride to my PB virtually every outing. I am actually parking the R2 for a bit even though my growth has been tremendous on it. I feel I have left someting on the table with the Omega so I am returning to see if I can get it to perform as well as the R2. That will help decide if to sell the Omega or not.

Life is good having 2 such great skis to ride.

• Baller
I currently ski on the R1. I tried the R2 and the extra speed was not a bonus for me. I also could not seem to ever find the "larger" sweet spot the R2 was supposed to have. I ski much more consistent on the R1 and in more control. I also liked the original NRG but did find the R1 does everything better for me.

• Baller
I got the Omega dialed decently this morning and again was able to match PB on it. The nod still goes to the R2. Like @Dano said the more you are able to ski forward the higher the rewards. The stability of the R2 in all phases wins me over.