For Sale: 1998 Ski Nautique 196

dabeej20

• Baller

I'm glad it's 7-8 hours away, and I don't really have a place to store it with winter coming soon. Otherwise, I'd be buying it as the "back up boat" that I keep telling my wife we need. Although, I really just like Ski Nautique's, and want another one.

Yeah, I talked to a guy last night that listed his 99 2 days after me for about 21k. He sold already, not sure what he got. He had fewer hours, so I assume that's the difference. I am starting to get a lot more interest. Kind of wish I didn't lower price, especially because I don't need to sell it.

I've heard $2-$3/mile. I think it used to be around $1/mile. For shipping.

• Baller

@dabeej20 Hope it goes well for you. There was a different thread where people talked about putting down a deposit. I still don't completely understand how it works with a private party. Since you just did it, could you explain how it worked in your situation? I don't care about amount, just what form of payment, how you received it, and what guarantees are there for either side? Meaning, how can the buyer get it back if they don't want to purchase? And how does it prevent you from selling to someone else if they pull up with cash in hand one minute after taking the deposit?

He sent me enough to show he was serious via venmo. In this particular case I have decided to make it refundable. He's working on selling his boat, I'm not in any hurry to sell mine. If I needed to sell mine to get another one I'm sure I would have decided to make it non-refundable.

We are both busy this next weekend, and he wanted to get it off the market so we agreed to do that once I received his deposit. If he backs out, maybe I look stupid, but I'll send him his money back and list it in the spring. I try to treat others as I would like to be treated in this scenario, so far it hasn't bit me.