Bib draw

disland

• Baller

If you are a fan of alpine ski racing you know that the night before a big race they have the bib draw where they announce the running order for the next day. Its a really fun party for the fans. 

I was thinking it would be a really fun event for waterskiing pro events. Thoughts?

• Like 2

• Baller_

Great idea.  All we need is a few thousand people the night before the event (maybe offer free adult beverages) and get a mascot or 2.  What is cooler than a real reindeer?!.  

Sorry I'm not poking fun and I do think it would be a great idea, but would be hard to pull off without some huge promotion and huge fan base on site.  Good out of the box thinking, but would need alot more details to be feasible.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Waterskiing doesn't have a draw. It's a straight seeding based on WR. But, there's probably 10 kids there that could present the bibs to the athletes (and they get the bib after the tournament)--as alpine world cups used to do pre-Covid 

• Like 1

• Baller

This was the inspiration behind the Bib Ceremony we do on Friday evening at the San Gervasio Pro Am. Although as @Dragosaid the initial seeding is based off some ranking (Waterski Pro Tour in our case), it is a chance for amateurs and pros to hang out and interact during a nice dinner. As the snow skiers said in the video, it is a good opportunity for fans and people in the sport to interact!

On a side note, cool to see Erin Mielzynski in that video :)

• Like 2

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

@DragoWas so cool to watch the GS and slalom on a hill that I ski every week of the season and have since the mid-'70s. Dog Leg is no joke. I would like to hear what the competitors thought of it. The GS course set of both runs was a bit mean with those delays into blind turns on the steepest parts of that hill that ultimately got several of the guys (unfortunately including River Radamus), but they all got to inspect and some didn't seem too troubled. I think that may be due in part to the "luck" involved in picking when to make your move coming out of the delay at those speeds. "OK now! Oh shit!" Masters train up top on way easier, but very rolling terrain. I've been screwing up the timing on diving into the gates on the last pitch since....the mid-'70s.  

• Like 1

• Baller

@jimbrake

i was thinking this is getting off topic, but it's very on-topic considering I tried every way known to man to watch a World Cup in the US with no success. Outside+, nope; SkiandSnowboardLive, nope; Peacock, nope,nope, nope.

(Insert your sport here) will die if it's not seen.

Keep up the good work TWSBC

• Like 4

• Baller

To be clear: with lots of investigation and money throwing to different entities and auto-renew subscriptions , you can see Mikaela Shiffrin all day long and twice on Sunday.

Watching our men compete @ Palasades, and this weekend at Aspen? Maybe if you set your alarm and hang on the couch all day. Can't record it, can't see it later on demand.

*I assume most people that watch waterskiing and outdoor sports like to be outdoors