Any Judge Tower Plans or Photos

RAWSki

• Baller

This is something I saw at an equestrian center. While not tall enough, but I think the design is pretty cool. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 1.24.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-30 at 1.24.30 PM.png

I also attach a pic of a mobile tower at our lake.

image.png

What I would also say is that it depends on the usage for the towers. Class C judges only. Video will be installed in tower with tv screen? Do they need to be mobile? Will they host a scoring station?

C9B54D41-896A-42A6-BF58-C9F458CB0368.HEIC

• Baller
On 3/30/2023 at 11:27 AM, teammalibu said:

Ours at the Ridge is as big as a house but the ones Keith at Lake 38 built are perfect,

I will be there Saturday and can post a couple pics if Keith doesn’t beat me to it!

Hey Mike, swing by Mobile on your way home.

And, say hello to Keith for me!

Edited by Zman

• Baller

I'll add one thing to factor into anyone's design...   Ski tournaments start when the sun is low in the Eastern sky and sometimes end when it is low in the Western sky.  Consider options and configurations which maximize shade for judges without obscuring their full view of the ski area.    

I have wondered if an A-frame roof with the ridge oriented N-S so that the sides come down and extend outward to the East and West would be a good design.  Even if the tower wasn't parallel to the shoreline, it might be an improvement.    It surely depends upon the site orientation, but maybe some sites could benefit from such an idea.