GOODE SKIS

bananaron

• Baller

I had a Goode ski probably 15 yrs ago and have not skied one since.I see on the goodedealz website they have the older models available now for less money.Does anyone have any info on how the XTR OR NANO 1 XT performs.I have owned the top Radar,D3 and HO skis however just thought I would try a Goode due to many skiers enjoying them.These refurb skis can't be returned so any info would be great.I know @Horton rated some of the Goode line as his fav skis.Remember I am an old guy that usually skis at 34mph on a shortline rope and enjoys the thrill of going fast and cutting in open water skiing on a public lake.Any info would be most appreciated.....

• Baller_

I have the XTR now.  I like it and it holds my 36 mph PB.  If the Nano 1 XT they are selling is equivalent to the circa-2013 layup, I liked that ski a lot.  It has my 34 mph PB.  I don’t think you could go wrong with either.

• Like 1

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Administrators

@bananaron

all time tournament PB Nano XT 

best practice score last year XTR Team ( equaling my all-time practice and tournament PB)

• Baller

Try anything with that mid ride shape.  It was  a radically different change.  Several companies still build the traditional shape that is thinner, but sometimes can grab more angle (and force) than less than optimal skiers can hold.   The mid allows less than ideal position, and recovery.

Several companies have that wider shape.  Goodes are great...KLP is also producing a ski that's wider all the way down. Try a few...You'll know in a week if a ski works for you.