Lift bunk width 2022 Prostar

Wiltok

• Baller

Just bought a 2022 Prostar and am setting up my lift in anticipation of delivery. Anyone know the ideal bunk width? My dealer said to start at 20 inches from center but they did not seem confident in the answer. Thanks!

• Baller

About 63” on center in rear and 50” in front. You want the gap between bunks to be  58" rear, and 45" front.  It sounds crazy wide but it's what works best, I spent days in the water adjusting until I was finally happy, also talking amongst other 14+ owners. On 14-20 model year boats, this spacing avoids any sharp edges or hull geometry sitting on the bunks.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 10.49.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-19 at 10.50.12 AM.png

Edited by Mastercrafter
  • Like 2

• Baller
32 minutes ago, Mastercrafter said:

About 63” on center in rear and 50” in front. You want the gap between bunks to be  58" rear, and 45" front.  It sounds crazy wide but it's what works best, I spent days in the water adjusting until I was finally happy, also talking amongst other 14+ owners. On 14-20 model year boats, this spacing avoids any sharp edges or hull geometry sitting on the bunks.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 10.49.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-19 at 10.50.12 AM.png

Awesome - thanks for the info. That IS crazy wide but looks like it works well. 

• Baller

@Wiltok

The above will work but there is a risk of bumping the tracking fins if your lift isn't down far enough and the boat slide too far.  These measurements match the key points of the 4 bunk trailer. Maybe I worry too much.  My boat is 2016

Screenshot 2023-04-19 132936.jpg

Edited by epnault

• Baller
1 hour ago, epnault said:

@Wiltok

The above will work but there is a risk of bumping the prop and tracking fins if your lift isn't down far enough and the boat slide too far.  I set mine up so the boat can pass through the lift/bunks without hitting anything as the bunks are barely below the hull.  Maybe I worry too much.  My boat is 2016

Screenshot 2023-04-19 132936.jpg

Im slightly confused on how 11.5” clears a 14” prop, plus its clearance to the hull. Are you saying you can drive right through the lift with this and there’s no way the prop can hit?

I have guide poles on the cradle to prevent going too far forward so it’s a non-issue for me, but still curious. 

• Baller

I used the narrow set up  above dur to the same concerns of clearing. Its taken awhile to get used to it but I  now have it down.  It’s not easy to to get it on the bunks in the right place. Overhead shot of my set up. 

CA36DB72-EC79-4328-BE26-C91534DE8710.jpeg

• Baller
12 hours ago, Mastercrafter said:

Im slightly confused on how 11.5” clears a 14” prop, plus its clearance to the hull. Are you saying you can drive right through the lift with this and there’s no way the prop can hit?

I have guide poles on the cradle to prevent going too far forward so it’s a non-issue for me, but still curious. 

Correct.  It is has been a long winter. The fins only 

• Baller

I started with matching the trailer for my ProStar on my lift. Then I had the narrow them some to keep the propeller from being able to hit the lift cross bar. When you put the boat in reverse, the rear of the boat will pull down some. So after dinging up a prop, I realized I had to get the boat a little higher above the crossbar. 

• Baller

Timely thread as we’ve just contracted to buy a lake house with a covered slip and lift. (Closing May 15! 😀😀).  I’ll be needing to adjust the bunks for our ‘20 Prostar. 

@Mastercrafter how much clearance do I need in the center, front and back, to allow clearance for the tracking fins?  Thanks!

586AB3E0-0658-492B-98F9-C5E3DD4F9671.jpeg

• Baller
4 minutes ago, Cnewbert said:

Timely thread as we’ve just contracted to buy a lake house with a covered slip and lift. (Closing May 15! 😀😀).  I’ll be needing to adjust the bunks for our ‘20 Prostar. 

@Mastercrafter how much clearance do I need in the center, front and back, to allow clearance for the tracking fins?  Thanks!

586AB3E0-0658-492B-98F9-C5E3DD4F9671.jpeg

Just tagged you in a Facebook thread with all my hoist ramblings. I have heights in there. However, I need to go 1” higher to clear the fins if the boat is not floating off the bunks.