STOKES PRO LOGO VEST

bananaron

• Baller

I have used the Stokes  Blue SteeI vest for the past 2.5 years.  It is amazing. Has held its fit and color very well in the So Cal heat.   It floats me well and it seems to have a little more padding to protect you from those dreaded rib shots (yet it is still super light weight)

I would say the sizing is pretty true.   

I just ordered and received a new Stokes Velocity vest (not because anything is wrong with the blue steel just fun to have something new)

They have excellent customer service. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• Baller_

It's rare to get much agreement amongst water skiers when it comes to gear, but it seems a solid majority vouch for Stokes vests and wetsuits as the best out there (excepting Camaro suits which are unbeatable temperature-wise but also quite fragile).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I have tried couple and I think they run small compared to radar and syndicate vests. 185cm 87kg

The only thing I can say is that I had a bad fall couple of years ago where I hit the first wake chest first and I  badly bruised  the centre of my rib cage where the zipper is. The paddings is some distance from the zipper and there is no protection there.

The flotation is good and the vest is very well made.

• Baller

Stokes vest is awesome, I just bought one.  I've tried a couple brands: Last summer I bought a Masterline Eagle - which is a really nice vest, but it fits a little weird. 

I just unboxed my Stokes and tried it on, and the fit is absolutely perfect.  Some people say they run a little small, but I ordered my "typical" size and it's perfect. Seems to be a great build quality too.  

Get the Stokes.

• Baller
On 4/28/2023 at 3:23 PM, bananaron said:

I need a new vest and stokes is a advertiser and sells good products.Was wondering if this is a good choice for a non CGA vest and does it seem to fit true to size.

Hey @bananaron

While it is important to prioritize safety when participating in slalom skiing, we understand that slalom skiers may prefer the fit and feel of a non-CGA vest. It is important to note that these vests may not meet the same safety standards as CGA-approved vests, and should be used at your own risk.

That being said, many customers have had positive experiences with our non-CGA impact vests, and have appreciated the unique features and benefits they offer. Our vests are made with high-quality materials that are both durable and comfortable, and come in a range of styles and designs to suit your personal preferences.

We offer a range of impact vest designs to choose from, so you can find one that suits your personal style. Whether you prefer a classic look or something more bold and colorful, there's an option for you.

Stokes has a strong reputation for customer satisfaction, with many happy customers who have experienced the benefits of our impact vests firsthand.  Plus we are skiers also so use the products everyday. 

The vests do fit true to size although some people do tend to find them run a little small, if your on the cusp between sizes I would size up. 

Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback on the vests and also the suggestions that we may incorporate into future vests, cheers all.

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask

Thanks

Thomas Asher

• Like 7

• Baller

I have a L Evo2 since 3 years at least.....the best in the business regarding floatation and durability. I am 6'2'' and 175 pounds but since I ski in cold water most of the time I do wear a top and it fits nice and snug. Can't go wrong with Stokes

• Baller

I love the Stokes vest as well. The only complaint I have with it is if you take a hard fall, the floatation can wad up in its individual chambers and its hard to work it back out. Other than that its an excellent vest.

• Like 1