Safe Sport Refresher

• Baller_

As I went to do some OLR this afternoon, I realized that I needed to be "refreshed" in the realm of Safe Sport.  It really only took 20 minutes, and was painless.  The best part was not having to pay another $30. for a background check, but I guess that's going to be due next year again.  Hopefully, the next re-fresh will be just as simple.

• Like 4

• Baller

I have been a Level 1 Instructor for many years and was required to do SafeSport training starting 2019.  So, I did the 90-minute one back then.  Each year, I did a refresher.  There are 3 of them.  Last year, they said to redo # 3 again.    So my transcript shows:  Full, Refresher 1, Refresher 2, Refresher 3, Refresher 3.   

So, it's time again.  It expired while I was travelling.   I log in today expecting to just do another 20 minute refresher.  However, it looks like the one they want me to do is the 90-minute one again.  Ugh.  I sent a note to HQ member services to just make sure before I waste my time doing the wrong course.  

• Baller

Just confirming what @Taperflex said.

"The Safe Sport cycle starts over every four years since they currently only have three refreshers in their curriculum. So, since you have completed all three of them, you will need to start back over on the core course this year, you will complete refresher 1 next year, and so on."