so who qualified for Masters?

Horton

• Baller
25 minutes ago, Horton said:

does anybody know the details on how the qualifiers actually played out?

The Masters website has all the athletes qualified as of the first of this week, (following the first LCQ). The second LCQ at Travers is happening now. Live scoring on water ski results, has scores from both rounds of slaloms and tricks today. I think jump is tomorrow.

• Baller

Max of 8 skiers per discipline: 

- Defending 2022 Masters Champions

- 2022 Botaski ProAm champions

- 2022 California ProAm Champions

-2023 Moomba Champs (if exceeding benchmark score)

- First and second place at Masters Qualifier 1

- First Place at Masters Qualifier 2

Men's Slalom

- Nate Smith (Masters)

- Thomas Degasperi (Botaski)

- Will Asher (Drew's)

- Dane Mechler (Drew's)

- Robert Pigozzi (Jack's)

- Jon Travers (Traver’s)

- Adam Sedlmajer (Jack's)

* Neveu, Descuns, or Ross (Jack's) *

Women's Slalom

- Regina Jaquess (Masters)

- Jaimee Bull (Botaski)

- Whitney McClintock Rini (Cali)

- Allie Nicholson (Drew's)

- Paige Rini (Drew's)

- Neilly Ross (Traver’s)

- Luisa Jaramillo (Traver's)

- Brie Carter (Traver’s)

Men's Trick

- Pato Font (Masters)

- Joel Poland (Botaski)

- Louis Duplan-Fribourg

- Adam Pickos

- Martin Labra

- Pablo Font (Traver's)

- Matias Gonzales (Traver's)

- Dorien Llewellyn (Traver's)

Women's Trick

- Erika Lang (Masters)

- Anna Gay (Botaski)

- Neilly Ross (Drew's)

-Giannina Bonnemann (Drew's)

- Paige Rini (Traver's)

- Kennedy Hansen (Traver's)

- Aliaksandra Danisheuskaya (Traver's)

- Regina Jaquess (Traver's)

Men's Jump

- Joel Poland (Masters)

- Freddy Krueger (Cali)

- Ryan Dodd (Moomba)

- Taylor Garcia (Drew's)

- Conely Pinette (Drew's)

- Jack Critchley (Jack's)

- Louis Duplan-Fribourg (Jack's)

- Felipe Miranda (Jack's)

Women's Jump

- Lauren Morgan (Masters)

- Jacinta Carroll (Moomba)

- Hanna Straltsova (Drew's)

- Aliaksandra Danisheuskaya (Drew's)

- Giannina Bonnemann (Traver's)

- Agustina Varas (Traver's)

- Valentina Gonzales (Traver's)

- Regina Jaquess (Traver's)

- Paige Rini (Traver's)

- Kennedy Hansen (Traver's)

Edited by Broussard

• Baller

I’m really confused as to who all got in at Jack’s. There were a bunch of 3@41 scores by the men. Adam Sedlmajer, who was one on them, posted on Instagram that he’s in. Also, live scoring showed that in round one, Pigozzi scored 4@41. 

• Baller

The fact that Nautique is not taking advantage of the chance to build suspense and interest in the event by utilizing instagram stories to follow the qualification process is perplexing. They could be doing reaction interviews as skiers qualify.

@kc Nate won both 2022 Masters and California ProAm, TGas won Botaski, and the Moomba champion did not meet the cutoff score. This meant that only 2 skiers were qualified going into the MQS tournaments. With 2 skiers qualifying during MQS 1 at Drew's this meant that only 4 of the 8 spots were filled. 

Pigozzi would have qualified outright with 4@41 at MQS 2 hosted at Travers with a 5 way tie for second between Sedlmajer, Neveu, Travers, Descuns, and Ross. Based on the selection criteria posted online, any remaining spots for Masters would be filed utilizing results from MQS 2 at Jacks. I am not sure how they resolved the tie (I would assume a runoff) but there were posts on social media that Jon Travers and Adam Sedlmajer would be competing on Robin Lake.

• Like 1

• Baller

@Broussard thank you.  I know you aren't affiliated but I know you are engaged and knowledgeable.   Your "news" posts are most appreciated!

Some observations:

Regina and Paige Rini made it in all 3 events.  I miss the old days of overall at The Masters.

Dorien Llewellyn qualified in tricks but not jump.  Maybe he didn't try.  Maybe he has a jump injury...

Looks like we will see some first time Masters competitors.  There may be some surprises.   Keep an eye on Louis Duplan Freeborg in jump and it looks like men's tricks can be wild.  Lots of talent there.  I'm bummed about Winter being banned but that's between him and the governing body and has been covered extensively in other threads.

Turn down the volume and bring it on!

• Baller

Do not this criteria? 

- First and second place at Masters Qualifier 1

- First Place at Masters Qualifier 2

moomba shouldn't have the cutoff score minimum. If you win moomba you're freaky good

• Baller

@Drago This stipulation was likely added because many of the best skiers stopped making the trip to Melbourne after COVID due to the high costs associated with attending the event and the fact that valuable Elite points were no longer on the line which used to be needed to qualify for Masters. The field has been noticeably weak the past few years, especially when you consider that there are more events than just Men's Slalom. 🙃

https://iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=T-22AUS028&page=men_tricks_results

• Baller
2 hours ago, BlueSki said:

. He runs through how Adam is in and Charlie was close, but did not make it.

WHAT!!   Isn't Charlie a Nautique skier!!??  AND he didnt make a Nautique Event?????????????????    Is there no justice.  

• Like 2
  • Heterodox 1

• Baller

@Broussard had it right.  Piigozzi did win his spot with 4@41. The 5 mentioned above all got 3@41. Here's how it played out.  In the 1st runoff, Nevue went down at 39, Travers won a spot with 3@41. The other 3 tied at 2@41. In the 2nd runoff, Ross was eliminated with 2@41, Descuns and Sedlmajer got in with 3@41.

• Thanks 1