Axiom

teammalibu

• Baller

Still have mine. Collecting dust. Great idea but only good for your own measurements. Axiom to calipers DFT is different and length is close but still different. Only thing real close is depth. When the whole world is using calipers with reliable accuracy all you can do is use calipers, then Axiom for difference. It was very nice for quick changes though. The angle gauges were super nice. I still use those.
@Mateo_Vargas & @Luzz it checked all 3 measurements at the same time without having to remove the wing. You can adjust the fin with it on so you can verify 1 change at a time. 

Edited by aupatking
  • Like 1

• Baller_

Jim DiBella built that tool. I tried it and thought that it was cool but pricy at around $500 and that was maybe 10 years ago. Jim has also developed some better hardware for a boat path measuring system. The rover box that doesn’t really have a home in the Sure Path system is in an enclosed plastic pod that mounts to the pylon. Very neat and clean. You may see his hardware paired with the BPMS being developed by the Canadians.  Only they won’t call it a pod; for sure it will be a puck…

• Like 2

Lpskier

• Baller

Huh, I was sure it was a Hortonectomy tool, although I doubt it could provide the Newtonian  force required to overcome the gravitational pull of such a large object inserted into such a small event horizon in his space/time continueum 

• Haha 1