Lake Powell Boat Rental

stuart23

Trying to live my bucket list experience of skiing on Lake Powell but all the rental boats I can find online are big fat wake boats. Are there any ski boats for rent? Doesn't have to be a brand new Ski Nautique, anything from the last 20 years would be great.

Failing that, which of the crossover boats (🤮) does the least damage to your ankles?

• Baller

I rented a boat on Lake Powell from a marina in Page, AZ.  It was a Baja I/O.  It was perfectly fine for what we were doing.  Unless you find a secluded stretch the skiing is not great anyway.  Like skiing in a bath tube with a bunch of other boats around.  

Edited by PatM

• Baller

Don't give up in your dream @stuart23 but agree with @PatM that in general water skiing is normally not very good at Lake Powell, that being said it can be amazing. There a few places on the lake that don't have vertical walls where it can be smoother and many places first thing in the morning are glass if you are the first one out. 

Check out/join this Water Ski Lake Powell Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/885544002325836 where you can get some great information. Current top post shows you how amazing it can be!

• Baller
On 6/20/2023 at 4:10 PM, stuart23 said:

Trying to live my bucket list experience of skiing on Lake Powell but all the rental boats I can find online are big fat wake boats. Are there any ski boats for rent? Doesn't have to be a brand new Ski Nautique, anything from the last 20 years would be great.

Failing that, which of the crossover boats (🤮) does the least damage to your ankles?

Hi @stuart23 Skiing Lake Powell glass is a beautiful thing. I have a 2002 Ski Nautique 196 at Powell. When would you like to go? How many days? What would you be willing pay? I’ve never rented the boat out before. 

• Like 1