Help deciding on best Radar Senate

Guppy73

• Baller

Currently swerving a a 2017 Connelly Carbon V which has been a great ski.  Looking for a new ski  and have heard great things about the Senate line.  I'm torn between the graphite & lithium models.  The graphite would be a similar comp to my Carbon V in terms of core and the lithium would be a step up with the lighter core.  Has anyone skied both these models and care to comment about any tangible performance differences?  Curious which would be the better choice...

I'm 50 - 180#'s - skiing at 34 mph - 22 off.....  Open water early in the morning runs to get course like water quality - just no buoys on our lake so simply swerving pretending I'm skiing a course.....

• Baller

I currently ski the graphite version and have previously owned and tried various skis with a PVC core. The PVC core gives more water feel feedback while the graphite version core is more damp. So, they have different water feel to me, but the performance difference is not very noticeable to someone at my skill level (PB is -28/34mph). I chose the graphite version over the base version a few years ago because I loved the color of the graphite version, but I think I would enjoy the performance of all versions about the same, particularly if not chasing buoys. I actually noticed the biggest performance increase when I moved to the Vapor boot from the Vector. I don't know if that would be the same for everyone, but the stiffer Vapor boot really made me feel more confident from finish of the turn through the wakes (although it did take a few sets to adjust to the stiffness). Anyway, regarding the ski choice I recommend getting the Senate version you think looks the best (if price is not an issue) and get a Vapor boot if you really want to feel a performance difference. You'll very likely have a blast skiing on any Senate version.

• Like 1