Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

2012 Nautique Super Air 210 Ski Wake

Morg

• Administrators

it really depends on how advanced and or serious your dad is about slalom skiing. either a boat makes big wakes or it makes small wakes. generally it can't do both well. Malibu does seem to have an edge in this category with their wedge but even then it's like asking for a dedicated race car with seating for seven and towing capacity.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
14 minutes ago, Horton said:

it really depends on how advanced and or serious your dad is about slalom skiing. either a boat makes big wakes or it makes small wakes. generally it can't do both well. Malibu does seem to have an edge in this category with their wedge but even then it's like asking for a dedicated race car with seating for seven and towing capacity.

Absolutely agree. BTW - I am dad. I know I am not going to match the ski wake from my 00' Ski Centurion eclipse direct drive. But looking for something that will be a good compromise.

• Baller
2 hours ago, buechsr said:

It's big.  if you're looking for a skiable vdrive look for an 01-04 malibu sunscape/wakesetter 21 (LSV) with the diamond hull or any VTX.  Much better ski wakes.

Any idea on whether this is a Diamond hull?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/625926885950873/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2d21576-c69f-49ce-bff1-066a464f1907

• Administrators

Again the question is how much do you really care about the wakes. If you really want to surf and wake board it is a different boat than if you really want slalom. 

furthermore, most wakeboarders do not need the huge wakes they think they need. If it is beginning wakeboarders a slalom boat is not terrible. If it is intermediate or advanced wake boarding a slalom boat is mostly useless.  You do not need waist high wakes to learn to jump the wakes and maybe your first few wakeboard tricks.

• Like 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I used to sell Nautiques in that era and I would never consider skiing behind a 210. Nice boat otherwise. Horton is right. People tend to compensate for their lack of skill by adding weight to make a bigger wake. My son surfs my prostar with no added ballast. 

BE136B23-1736-4AA0-BD83-C73AD8249A65.jpeg

• Like 3

• Baller

I feel like we need to collaborate to write up some sort of standardized documentation that we can just link to each of the 10 times this exact issue comes up each summer.  

The document would be titled:  "So you failed as a parent and now your kids don't want to ski with you?"  We would then go through and detail all the various models labeled as "crossover" boats over the years at all the various price points, and let the poor sap know just exactly how terrible his wake is going to have to be with each model.  Do something like rate each ski wake on a scale of 0-10 wakeboards to let him know the likelihood of even enjoying skiing at all behind said boat.  The SSLXI would obviously be the top of the list rated at just one wakeboard and then we would start heading down from there.  By the time we get to like a X23 it would be rated at like 9 wakeboards and the guy would just understand that if he buys this boat, he may as well sell his waterski and just consider himself a surfer from now on.  

I have failed as a mother” | jennsmidlifecrisis

• Like 1
  • Haha 4