Black 50th Anniversary Prostar Values

MatadorMaine

• Baller

Ballers! What sort of premium, if any, would you put on a 2018 50th black on black PS? Wondering if folks think the 50th anniversary boats (the 25 black ones) will appreciate in value or just be valued as as "2018 black fully loaded ProStars"? I don't have any sales data to go on to see if there is any uptick compared to other loaded (non-black) 50th Prostars. Thoughts? 

Edited by mmadore21
photos not mine

• Administrators

I think if you find somebody who loves a black boat it might be worth a few extra dollars or a collector but generally speaking it's a black ProStar. 

• Like 2

• Baller

I know of a 50th that sold for mid-80s (I think) last July which was quite a premium even with last year’s high prices. 

The market has since tanked but someone who wants a black 50th will still probably pay good money for one. 

Id get the newer hull and get a better boat. 

• Like 3

• Baller

Anniversary boats tend to carry a premium, that being said it is hard to tell with the 50th as so few have transacted on the second hand market. 

In 20 years it will likely be worth substantially more than a regular 2018 ProStar, right now, probably not.

• Like 1

• Baller

I don't see it worth anything more than a black Prostar.  Other than maybe the '93 S&S commanding a couple of extra bucks when really clean and with an LT1, the other special edition Prostars don't bring anything additional ('88 Platinum, '90 PS Limited, 25th Anniversary PS, '98 30th, etc.) 

• Like 1