T-Factor Bindings - use thicker laces for bottom too?

Slalom.Steve

• Baller_

I've used a T-Factor for a while now, love it. But I just snapped the laces on the bottom section while pulling on them to tighten. I'm sort of in between sizes so I have a larger boot but tighten down the laces basically as hard as I can.

The top bungee laces on the stock T-Factor are thicker and the bottom laces thinner... but is there any reason not to just use thicker laces on the bottom too? Especially if I'm breaking them when tightening.

• Baller

I suppose you can use the thicker laces . I’ve been on tfactors for many years and have never needed to tighten the lower laces as my fit is already very snug . I tighten the uppers pretty well is all. Tfactors are fabulous bindings. 

• Baller_

I also have preset tension on the bottom laces with a knot top and bottom and no adjustment clip. Same on Front and back T-Factors.

For release safety I use a comfortable-fit preset on the top laces as well.  This of course requires using a lubricant get into the boots.

• Baller_

@SlalomStevenJust a thought but if u can find some thick-ish rubber ( maybe off an old broke boot ), u could cut to fit a piece between the laces and the tongue of the boot across the top of your foot to take up space so tightening doesn’t have to be so drastic. It will also increase down force to the top of your foot for better performance vs the laces by themselves just closing the sides of the boot together.