Whats in your bag??

mike_mapple

• Baller

Looks like he kept a razor, shave cream, some de-odorant in there 🙂  I had no separate bag just the pockets of my ski bag for binding screws, screw driver, allen, set of wing angles, extra palm pads.  Will be curious to hear about the "unbagging" of the GOAT's bag.  

• Baller

My bag is really just some misc. hardware a few boot buckles, repair kit for boat, a spare liner (not heat formed), and then a screwdriver and allen key.  A spare swimsuit, a spare hat, a spare set of glasses and then I keep a small assortment of medical items

Important - I keep a pack of immodium in case you get the trots at the lake.

• Baller

Definitely learned a lot from other skiers on what to carry. 

Analog caliper, wing gauges, allen wrench, 2 of each angle for wing gauges, extra screws, inserts, set screws, lace, fin blade & wings.

Fin whacker, ski notebook, mini pilers, tape measure, screwdriver, pencil & pen. 

Edited by ColeGiacopuzzi
Grammar
  • Like 3

• Administrators

All the secret data is hidden in my phone. here's what's hiding in my bag.

PXL_20230726_024745318.jpg

not pictured our wing gauges and miscellaneous other crap. it's upside down but that yellow thing is a piece of tape measure that I cut off years ago so it's way easier to use

• Like 2

• Baller_

Analog calipers, spare fin, various nuts, bolts and washers (enough to replace anything I might lose or someone else might reasonably need, two sets of wing angle gages and a couple extra three d printed gauges in small angle sizes, a collection of different wings, + and - screw drivers, short and long shaft 5/32 Allen wrenches, pliers, tape measure, centering ruler, $20 (with a story), box cutter, double sided tape  and small rubber hammer. 

Lpskier

• Baller
12 hours ago, MDB1056 said:

@Horton Have to ask then why are there two more tape measures in the picture ?

Just like any measuring tape you need the one you don't know where it is, the other one you don't know where it is, and the one someone stole.

There's also the non-zero chance that Horton is just making snap bracelets as a hobby?

• Like 1

• Baller

Pretty much the same as many - enough stuff to set a fin, plus a spare fin.  Screwdrivers, screws/washers, zip ties, a knife, a folding carpenter's rule, plus a spare thermostat and impeller for the boat.

• Baller

Some of the other stuff mentioned ie) spare impeller/zip ties/dive mask/athletic tape/band aids and a tool box are not in my bag--combo of glove compartment and under the passenger seat along with a few spare buoys and lines, a spare ski rope.

• Like 2

• Baller

I got a sneak peak.....and its pretty damn cool as you get a glimpse into the brilliance and attention to detail that Andy brought to skiing.  Such a big part of history and was such an honor to get to see it.   Thanks Mike for sharing this.    And come on....its hard to not love seeing his cards still in there.  I swear I sold a couple extra skis the day Mike showed this to me....the Mapple Magic rubbed off! 

958C2628-F187-48A1-84AB-613A09C5A344_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3

• Baller

@thagerEXACTLY!! I was thinking it was for a quick spark plug change.

Also "in the boat" are spare gear for others like my old, worn-out gloves, rope and handle, vest. The goggles are crucial, ya never want to get the rope in the prop but it does happen.