Smoke Screen: Betrayal on the Bayou ( the story of Chad Scott )

Horton

• Administrators

A friend of Chad’s forwarded me this podcast link and told me that Chad had specifically suggested that it be forwarded to me.  For many reasons, I had misgivings about bringing this story back to the forefront. After listening to the whole thing I strongly suggest that anyone who knows Chad or has followed his story should listen to all 8 episodes. 

Horton

Chad Scott made an incredible number of cases by getting drug dealers to work for him as informants. His phone number was written on jailhouse walls because Chad was the guy who could get you out of a tough situation – if you give him what he wants. That if is what this whole story is about. We hear from Virgil Ard, a former drug dealer who navigated streets riddled with Chad’s snitches. Virgil would face a choice: a long prison sentence, or work for Chad.

Spotify 

Apple Podcasts 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/betrayal-on-the-bayou-1-the-white-devil/id1525807626?i=1000621815110

Purchase all 8 episodes https://www.getthebinge.com/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I knew Chad for years and worked the same profession as him. I respected him and always thought they went after him. The Feds can put a case on anyone if they want to. Look what they are doing to a very famous person who is running for President so he won’t beat the incumbent. A grand jury indictment is a joke. A bunch of old people almost always indict.

Edited by Dirt
  • Like 8
  • Heterodox 1
  • Off Topic 1
  • DIslike 3

• Baller

I am a retired cop with 30 yrs on the job and worked narcotics 7yrs.A grand jury will indict a ham sandwich....remember they are being told information by a district attorney and normally agree on whatever charges are presented by that person.I appeared before many state and federal grand juries and always had indictments issued.

• Like 2

• Baller

@Horton Politics are ok so long as?

a) they’re thinly veiled 

b)it’s your buddy

c) you agree with the statement 

or does it have be

d) all of the above? 

The Cult-mentality-soaked commentary otherwise seems counter to the environment you claim to foster here. 

• Like 8
  • DIslike 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

This guy may be a great guy, but as a law enforcement offficer you have to a line. 
I was an MP for 10 years. I couldn’t act like an grunt or even a marine. 
Fair or not your heals to a higher standard because your enforcing the law. 

• Like 2

• Baller

@ForrestGump as long as we don't throw politics or religion into places they don't belong--it's very likely we can all get along great.  Once someone does, it is very hard not counter (if that is how one feels) and then it can become "game on". 

I'm sure @horton doesn't want to police every little thing--how about we just keep that stuff off the board--thinly veiled or otherwise.  It's a much better way for us to all get along and talk skiing.   However if @horton tells someone to simply cool it that goes better than s'one with an opposing viewpoint saying "hey wait a minute"...and expressing their viewpoint in contrast--again now it's "game on" and it's an argument.

I know of some skiers who no longer participate on the forum due to their perception of political overtones.     

• Like 6
  • DIslike 1

• Baller_

Have people lost the ability to filter, file and move on?  Reading something you dont agree with should not cause grief or a sense of being bullied. 
I would not put this thread in the political context. It is not about politics. Just what type of comments on this subject would be political (besides dirt) ? 

A persons view on this subject is not a right or left view  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

I was not trying to bring politics into this. It was just a blatant recent example of how easy it is to get a federal indictment 3 years after an event. If anyone needed to be indicted for a crime why on earth would it take 3 years? I am not a fan of either candidate. The point is some people were jealous of Chad and went after him. JMO

• Like 2
  • Heterodox 1
  • Thanks 3

• Baller

@dirt cool

@ForrestGump yes horton is a ding dong

@The_MS banable is not a word, "soup nazi" is two words, and "no soup for you" is four words.  I hate it when I get denied soup, so I try to be nice to the guy behind the counter  : )  

All good.  Thread was started about Chad--can't imagine having done his job in the trenches--really none of us could.  

• Baller

Great show but I need to re listen, there was a lot there and names I didn't pick up on.

Chad got f&-ked, no question.   13 years?  Ridiculous.  Fired, for sure and probably a long time ago, but long term jail seems like a stretch based on the charges, everything else is heresay he said she said from.drug dealers.

Not enough about Waterskiing..

My 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Baller
1 hour ago, Killer said:

Great show but I need to re listen, there was a lot there and names I didn't pick up on.

Chad got f&-ked, no question.   13 years?  Ridiculous.  Fired, for sure and probably a long time ago, but long term jail seems like a stretch based on the charges, everything else is heresay he said she said from.drug dealers.

Not enough about Waterskiing..

My 2.

Yeah, thats technically true I suppose, but typecasting Carl and Johnny as simply "drug dealers" is incomplete.  They're cops.  In Carl's case, a long-time cop.  

But I am not naive enough to expect DEA agents to be squares, nor to think the world is better with Chad in jail.  

Edited by buechsr
  • Like 1

• Baller_

Chad did me a solid years ago at one of Super Greg's CA ProAms when there was a handle measuring saga.  He's a good guy and not a criminal IMO, there's a Rolling Stones lyric about "all cops are criminals ..."  which is quite a stretch depending on your perspective, he's one of best drivers and I hope he returns to ski with us asap

• Like 1

• Baller

So I have to tell this story over the white truck and the rolex.  At the SCR Regionals in 2015(maybe it was 14, but I think it was 15), Chad said "Hey man, you want to run me somewhere to pick up a truck?" I said sure, so off we went.  As we're pulling up in front of this Walmart,  Chad says "Dude, so we're meeting a drug dealer.  He's just going to drop this truck off that I'm confiscating.  There shouldn't be any trouble....... But he is a drug dealer, you never know if they're showing up with machine guns, so stay in the truck." LOL Oh ok, Chad.  Thanks for cluing me in.  

So said drug dealer drives up in a Bentley Continental GT and his lackey is driving that new white F150 Platinum that they talk about in the podcast.  Chad comes back over to my truck, gets in, shows me this brand new Rolex in a box that they gave him, and gets his bag out.  He writes up a confiscation receipt for them both and says "This guy is trying to catch me with this watch." We then go back to Regionals.  Pretty sure thats the only drug dealer interaction in my life. That I know of. LOL  

• Thanks 1

• Baller

It was 2014. 

said truck was parked in MM’s driveway until he drove it to be turned in Sunday night in New Orleans. 

hence the charge of “falsifying government documents” as he wrote the seizure of the truck took place in New Orleans and documented the confiscation  took place in Houston.  It wasn’t “by the book” and let the manual. 

Vs a full seized and turned in to the Houston field office. 

Edited by scoke

• Baller

Alright I just started listening.  I'm really enjoying it.  But I'm just now figuring out that I should have waited until they were all up for free before starting because now I'm going to be tempted to pay money that could go toward my next ski instead.  

• Like 1

• Baller
On 8/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, RichardDoane said:

Chad did me a solid years ago at one of Super Greg's CA ProAms when there was a handle measuring saga.  He's a good guy and not a criminal IMO, there's a Rolling Stones lyric about "all cops are criminals ..."  which is quite a stretch depending on your perspective, he's one of best drivers and I hope he returns to ski with us asap

“And all your sinners saints” is the next line. 

• Like 2

• Baller

2 convicted felon drug addict, drug dealer, dirty cops and a liar drug dealer who brags about lying just to get Chad convicted. That’s the case. He’s in prison for 13 years and these assholes get less than 2 years for continual felony behavior. FBI whose job it is to practice confirmation bias on their own. 

• Like 2