California ProAm 2023 ( Saturday - Sunday )

Horton

• Baller

My point (and I recognize it is not popular with this audience) is we should be raising the bar here. My wife will watch TWBC with me and she’s not a skier. She finds it entertaining in its own right. She got bored with this coverage after 5 minutes. Current coverage is for enthusiasts only. Professional sports in order to be successful need to appeal to a wide audience not just the most rabid enthusiasts. 

I’m still watching and enjoying. I’m about as addicted as they come though. 

• Baller
9 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I guess I should just quit wasting my time then!

Great work again @Kelvin! Your webcasts are getting better and better! Thanks to you and your crew (all volunteer work i guess) for all your hard work! I can say that probably 99.9% of us die hard waterskiers appreciate it a lot!!!

Again,thank you!

Edited by Andre
  • Like 4

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
10 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I guess I should just quit wasting my time then!

@KelvinAdd me to the list of those that are very appreciative of what you and your crew are doing with the webcasts! Thank you so much for all your efforts!

• Like 2

• Baller_

Another thanks to Kelvin. I was able to watch live pro skiing from 2800 miles away and enjoy every mn. And unlike some others, my wife was next to me enjoying it as well. Her ONLY gripe over hours and hours of watching was Brian calling 39 off “easy” at one point.  Being that’s all she could say negatively says everything about the web cast. Well done

🎤drop 

• Like 1

• Baller

Great broadcast.  My only gripe was the "you know" phrase, like some people use the term "um" or "ah".  If you were participating in a drinking game, and took a drink every time you heard "you know", you would have been blacked before the end of the first round.

• Like 1

• Baller

I thought Brian was really good with the commentary and clearly has excellent insight into the sport and the skiers, which made the webcast that much more interesting. If he wants to continue doing this type of work he obviously needs to get rid of the "you know" phrase, but that is a much easier task than gaining the sport knowledge that he has developed over his years of deep involvement with skiing.

• Baller
53 minutes ago, wawaskr said:

Great broadcast.  My only gripe was the "you know" phrase, like some people use the term "um" or "ah".  If you were participating in a drinking game, and took a drink every time you heard "you know", you would have been blacked before the end of the first round.

Ha I said the same thing in the other thread. Other than that, awesome show!

• Like 1

• Baller
23 hours ago, jercrane said:

Hot take … 

If you can’t afford or are unwilling to hire TWBC you shouldn’t be hosting pro events. 

I thought the webcast was amazing.  Well done Kelvin and all the announcers!

Tony is great but it was awesome having some high end local skiers on the mic. 

• Like 1

• Baller

@KelvinI thought the camera position right where the skier was turning for jump was great. 

You could see exactly how late every skier was going.

And you got a sense of what picture each skier was seeing into the ramp.

Well done on the webcast

• Like 2