Waterskiing in Virginia

SkiGal

• Baller

I am an amateur waterskier wanting to learn the slalom course and considering moving back to Virginia, my home state. Where is the best place to join a waterski club? We can live anywhere. My daughter lives in DC and sisters & parents in Richmond. I can buy a share in a boat or get a ski boat myself. Just exploring what's out there...

• Baller

@SkiGal Lake Holly and Timberlake are both in the Sparta/Bowling Green area. Two great, active clubs with good skiers and even better people. Both clubs have hosted Eastern Regionals in the past, with Timberlake slated to host in 2024. Direct message me and I can send you contact information. Good luck. 

• Like 1

• Baller
46 minutes ago, hacker said:

Even though it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, Cory Vaughan operates “Peace Love and Waterskiing” in Bumpass VA. Great place to get coaching!

I believe Corey has plans for people who are regulars and has lower pricing for sets without coaching. You should send him a message or give him a call. Easy to get a place on Lake Anna for personal/family water time and use Corey's for course sets, assuming you have the means.

https://www.peaceloveandwaterskiing.com/

• Baller

I live in between Baltimore and DC and ski in Brandywine, MD right by Andrews AF Base. We have lots of DC area skiers. Just got a brand new boat and have a private site with a very well maintained course. We have a few open slots. Send me a DM if you want to pop over as a guest and check it out. GREAT group of people. 

• Baller

Hey! Virginia is a great place to be a water skier! I would disagree with "hacker" and say that I offer EXACTLY what you are looking for. I have dozens of club members who ski regularly at my place (2-4 days per week). Of course, I have dozens more ski school students who are not regulars but the variety makes it fun. 

At Peace, Love & Waterskiing, the sport is truly thriving. Over 14 years, we have built a truly strong and caring community around the club. I don't know if you will be in the area this fall, but we will be continuing to operate into early November. Come check it out if you get the chance. Otherwise, I hope to see you in the spring.

Good luck with the move. Please visit my website for more information and don't hesitate to shoot me an email with any questions.  peaceloveandwaterskiing.com 

• Like 6