Firebird Lake in Arizona is Back!

Jelasky

• Baller

Firebird ski lake in Chandler Arizona is back! Ed was able to get a contact again as the Wild Horse Pass redevelopment is delayed. We’re about to start skiing there this week. We are taking on new members for month to month or annual. Call or text me if you want more info at 931-682-6540. Or if you were involved before you can go directly to Ed. We need to get about 10-12 members to make it financially viable and keep it going.  So all you AZ skiers please come out and support this thing! East side will have the slalom course and west side will be open for trick, barefoot, wakeboarding or whatever you’re into.

Also boat storage on site available for longer term members.

• Like 8

• Baller

Rising from the ashes like its namesake Phoenix! 🙂

I heard that when I was out at Spring Mountain this past weekend.  Glad to hear the dirty bird is back in action!  Also hearing it may not ever need to close for the "Interstate" project at all.  Great for the city and great for ASU if that's the case!

Now I wonder about the drag strip and raceway...

• Baller

Long term is uncertain right now, so we’re going to ski while we’ve got it. Our main concern is getting enough members going to make it financially viable for the club to cover the lease. ASU is coming back there as a practice site. So if you want this place to ski in the spring summer please join now to help us get over that initial hurdle. 

• Baller

Sad update, the site owners are now ready to redevelop the site. Firebird Lake will be drained starting April 2024. Looks like I need some ski partners at other sites. RIP Firebird 

• Baller

Bummer!  Maybe they can drain it, then re-fill it with fresh, clean water!

Any chance they only fill in half of it and still leave enough length for a course on one side?  Who owns it now?

• Like 1

• Baller
2 hours ago, NikolG said:

Draining it, dam on one side and refilling it. Course will be moved to the grandstand side. Ski on!

For real?  They're putting fresh, clean water in it?  This just went from bad to awesome if true!

• Like 1