Preview of the 2024 Parsons Project Pineapple

Horton

• Administrators

32 and 35 were just stupid this morning. After my opener 32 I demanded the boat driver tell me the boat time. I was sure it was slow ( 16.94 ). This thing should absolutely be on your short list for skis in 2024.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@bigtex2011 that original ski did not have a lot of mass appeal. It was certainly too radical. The new version is very user friendly.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@wish I skied pretty good in the original but most skiers found it unfriendly. The off side turns were radical. The front of the ski had more grip than most skiers wanted to deal with. Because my off side turns are my strong suit I was able to ski through the odd off side and really focus on the on side turns.

The new ski is NOT radical. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

@Than_Bogan I'm just taking a couple of rides on these skis for now. My real season is about over so I was just trying to preview some skis that I'm going to actually review in the spring.

I didn't really get to do much ski review work in 2023. The 2024 lineup is absolutely bonkers.

so if you're asking if I'm seriously stoked about the pineapple, the answer is hell yes

• Like 1

• Baller
7 hours ago, Horton said:

@Than_Bogan I'm just taking a couple of rides on these skis for now. My real season is about over so I was just trying to preview some skis that I'm going to actually review in the spring.

I didn't really get to do much ski review work in 2023. The 2024 lineup is absolutely bonkers.

so if you're asking if I'm seriously stoked about the pineapple, the answer is hell yes

It looks like the website is still populated with the original pineapple…what is the deal with the sizing, set up etc etc?

• Administrators

@gavski

I'm not really sure how to answer that question. The ski looks the same graphically so pictures on the website would still be correct. 

I'm really stoked to do a full review of the ski in the spring. I'm jumping around skis this fall and just rode the pineapple again. it's so good! it's so forgiving. My gates are garbage and I just ran a 5 38 which is more than I deserve

• Like 1

• Baller

Fair point, but judging by the side by side comparison of the 2 skis in your video - they looks very different…

anyway, how does the sizing work? That info is a little scant on their website? Are they like the Denali or Syndicate?

• Baller

This is from Nick Parsons explaining about new pineapple 🍍

this new ski was designed to be universally more friendly. We have a large but distinct bevel. This will give you grip but keeps the ski riding slightly deeper in the water which helps keep the line tight everywhere. Particularly at the finish of the turn. We also have a higher tail rocker for an easier finish and more centered flat spot. The centered flat spot reduces any chatter or buckling from what the skier experiences. Noticeably so on the skiers offside. Essentially you’ll have a much more fluid arcing turn. All this combined with our softer torsion makes more a friendly forgiving ski.
-Nick

• Like 4

• Administrators

I am riding something else for the little skiing I am doing over the winter. In the spring as soon as I am skiing at a decent level I will start the review. It does not make sense to try to review a ski before I have my feet back under me. So I should start sometime in May +/- 

• Like 1