Mastercraft Factory Tour!

Jsh809

• Baller

Yeah, it takes about 8 days start to finish for a boat to make its way down the line. The factory runs 4 days per week for 10 hours a day. 

They have 3 or 4 (I can’t remember) prostar hull molds vs 8-9 molds per model of the other boats. There were 4 prostars in various states of finish and I’d guess well over 100 wake boats in process. They build 200-250 prostars per year and the factory has the capacity to finish 20 boats per day. My prostar is the first build allocation my dealership has received in 3 years.

8 hours ago, Slaloman said:

That is awesome, and a great looking boat, do you happen to know the approximate time it takes to build a Prostar from start to finish?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Baller
On 10/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, Jsh809 said:

My prostar is the first build allocation my dealership has received in 3 years.

Is that because nobody bought a Prostar from your dealer, or they tried and couldn’t even get a build allocation?

• Baller
1 hour ago, Sethro said:

Is that because nobody bought a Prostar from your dealer, or they tried and couldn’t even get a build allocation?

I believe they are not allowed to order without an allocation. My dealership got one for model year 2021 and mine for MY 2024.  Less than 250 to cover all the dealerships across the world… I guess it means some must go without if they aren’t in prime ski boat market, which Lake of the Ozarks is the opposite of prime ski boat market.