Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

1978 "Stinger" SKI NAUTIQUE BOAT

Horton

• Administrators

00e0e_k2Tdzny7qqd_06s04Q_1200x900.jpg

https://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/d/simi-valley-ski-nautique/7683437008.html

For $1,500 this is so sick! 

@RichardDoane what would it cost to get ZO in this baby?

• Like 2

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

It is sitting in a auto wrecking yard in Simi Valley , Ca . Guess a friend of one of the owners wanted to restore it and just stored it there for years. I saw it a long time ago and asked about it. It looks like they finally want it gone. The guys who run the yard are honest dudes. 

• Like 1

• Baller_
9 hours ago, Horton said:

00e0e_k2Tdzny7qqd_06s04Q_1200x900.jpg

https://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/d/simi-valley-ski-nautique/7683437008.html

For $1,500 this is so sick! 

@RichardDoane what would it cost to get ZO in this baby?

about $12k. I have very nice pull out engines now. e-controlled 305/5.0, a e-control 5.7/350 , a e-control 6.0 and a H5.. the 305 would make that boat fly..

Edited by Jody_Seal
  • Like 1

• Baller
9 hours ago, Hockdog said:

Hmmm, wasn’t Stinger a Western Wood ski endorsed by Mike Suyderhoud back in the day?

Yep! Western “Wood” didn’t fit as a name for honeycomb skis, but “Stinger” did. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Just last week I bought a 1979 True Tournament Ski Nautique, for $1500.00 from SW Florida.  My plan was to cut it up and use it for parts for the 27' wooden boat that I am building.  The only problem is the 1979 boat has too much life left in it to cut it up and use it for parts.  I went skiing behind it last Sunday and it is great.  I registered it on Friday and am now going through it to see what needs to be done to it to keep it alive.

I am excited that I can be skiing again right away, and I can begin to chat on here more.  

I am disassembling and going to scrap the  *@#$#@%$@#ing Bayliner that I used to ski behind.  After I save up more money I might have to look for a ??Fourth??  boat that direct drive and is in even worse condition to use for parts or look for good deals on each drivetrain part as I need it.

If you want to see some more pictures of the wooden boat I am building and some friends boats check out Michaels page with my boat on it at:

https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com/2022/09/25/glen-l-calypso/

I should make a blog documenting this stuff, but I am too busy working at my real job, or actually working on the boat, and now will even be skiing a lot too.

-Ryan

20231028_123302.jpg

20220921_101547.jpg

• Like 2