Getting Handles Re-Tied

FriscoTom

Hi everyone,

I use a curved "radius" anti-roll slalom handle. I actually have three of them and the rubber seems to last forever so I have had them all re-tied many times when the rope wears out. The person that did this for me and many others charges way less than the $200 Masterline version. Is anyone out there doing this anymore? 

Thanks.

• Baller

@75Tique yes Lake Elmo changed ownership a couple years ago. I still buy bulk rope for course repairs from them and new owner last I connected seemed very open to wanting to be accommodating to folks. Definitely worth a call as I believe they still have handles and handle supplies on the website 

• Like 1

• Baller

🥺  Don't understand.

I'm using ''soft'' MSN gloves now and still, the rubber will go way before the rope on all the handles that i have ever use...even when i was using ML kevlar gloves.

• Baller

@Andre Just depends on your handle grab style. If you're a twister the rubber wears and tears pretty fast. I just use the curl in my fingers to hold on and my handles last for years even with kevlar gloves.

• Like 1

• Baller

While restringing is not overly complicated, be careful turning the handle 180 degrees and restringing to use the "good rubber".  Many handles have grommets that are rounded on one end, and sharp on the other.  You can still turn the handle, but make sure you tap the grommets outward so they are rounded on both sides when they are in contact with the rope, so it doesn't cut the rope over time.

• Baller

Contact Masterline. They will look at the grommets and make sure the handle is safe in its current  condition. They will reverse the handle if requested. They have over 20 years in the business for a reason.