SKI-IT-AGAIN MOBILE is HERE ... FINALLY!

LarryG

• Baller

THANK YOU @Bufootin!!!

Embarrassed it has taken this long ... but doing the code something I enjoy [when LIFE allows]. 

Both sites are integrated and use much of the same framework code but the desktop and the mobile are different presentations so that results in some extra work.  

BoS makes use of commercially available Content Mgmt Systems (CMS) like Wordpress, Joomla, etc. that make textbook use Cascade Style Sheets (CSS) ability to modify presentation based on screen size.  SIA uses CSS to do this as well ... and sometimes a sledge hammer ... but the difference is ... it's custom code!

No doubt there are some bugs (so please report those) ... but it was time to get it out there!

Thanks again Ballers!

LarryG

• Like 1

• Baller
18 hours ago, MitchellM said:

@LarryG I used to be able to sort by date which is very useful.  Now when I click on "post date" I get an error message "page not available".   This is a necessary feature when combing through listings.

THANKS @MitchellM ...  That issue is FIXED as of late Wed night so PLEASE give it another try!

Had to do with a function that used to just kick off a warning under the previous PHP version but now is a fatal error!  Had to make it play well with the latest PHP version.

LarryG@SIA

• Baller
7 hours ago, bananaron said:

@LarryG Thanks for the website really use it and enjot it.....Will make a donation

THANK YOU for the kudos @bananaron!

And just so you and other BALLERS know ... ALL DONATIONS (minus any PayPal fees) now go to supporting the focus Adaptive Athlete Organizations like Missouri Disabled Water Ski Association (MDWSA), Leaps of Faith Adaptive Skiers, Ann's Angels AWF, Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (B.O.E.C. - Keystone Adaptive Center).

Used to use some of the donations to pay for the website costs (i.e. domain registration and web-hosting) but the advertising, store sales, and memberships will help pay for that now.

Thanks again!

LarryG@SIA

• Like 3

• Baller
6 hours ago, DkLkSkr said:

Would be great to see the date on the mobile version. Definitely makes sorting through the newer posts easier.  Used it all the time on the desktop version. Thanks @LarryG for all you do!!

@DkLkSkr  Actually the DATE is on the header of each listing category (see snapshot) so will sort on date, however, due to minimal space on mobile devices, left the actual date off.  It will sort one-way, from newest to oldest, but you obviously would not know that unless you were comparing to a desktop instance.

The screenshot below is from a Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.  Those are about the narrowest.  As you can see not much space for a DD MMM YR block of text.   Left off the SIA# as well trying to gain as much area to show YR, Make, Model, and in case of skis, the length.

That being said ... will put the inclusion of the actual date in the job-jar on mobile devices that can support that width (larger phones and tablets).

image.png

Thanks for the feedback @DkLkSkr!!!

LarryG@SIA

• Baller
12 hours ago, LarryG said:

THANKS @MitchellM ...  That issue is FIXED as of late Wed night so PLEASE give it another try!

Had to do with a function that used to just kick off a warning under the previous PHP version but now is a fatal error!  Had to make it play well with the latest PHP version.

LarryG@SIA

Fixed and working great now.  Thanks!

• Like 1