New Years Day Ski Rides.

• Baller

For reasons that are obvious, I am a bit reluctant to post any video of me skiing on this New Year’s Day morning to this advanced group.  But what the hell, I’m not proud. I’ll turn 75 in a matter of weeks. I only started skiing at 68 plus I had a knee joint replacement 9 months ago, so I have no shortage of excuses! 😂 What great conditions we enjoyed to welcome the new year!

• Like 4

• Baller

No slalom for me today. Each morning, we start the day with a sunrise barefoot session. 47-degree air this morning. The water was 63 degrees. We'll usually do a slalom set later in the day when the sun's glare disappears.

image.png

• Like 3

• Baller
19 hours ago, Mastercrafter said:

14 hours into the New Year and I can check January off the “skied in Michigan” calendar.  Friggin miserable. 31 degree air, high-30s water. 

IMG_2355.jpegIMG_9332.jpeg

Behind a Supra Legacy or Comp?  I had that same interior color scheme in a 98 Legacy.  Great boat.

• Like 1

• Baller
4 hours ago, o2bnMaine said:

@MitchellM I can't wait to see a course on that lake!! 🙂

@o2bnMaine I hope the state DEP lets me put this course in.  JT has my blocks ready to go.  The state has been asking for some absurd information that I cannot provide.  Things like benthic surveys, type of fill used, water quality mitigation,...  It's maddening.

• Baller

It sounds like you got the wrong agent. I had a very easy go a few years back. The guy was very reasonable with his questions and very helpful in guiding me through the process.

Hopefully, it all ends well. If not, you are welcome to use our course whenever you like! The ramp is close, and, of course, you can ski with us too.