SW Florida Ski Club - Shell Rock Ski

m_pags

• Baller

This is great!  Can you give us your exact location/address?  Can you spin on one side or do you need to drop on both ends?

Have you considered a family plan rate for membership?

I think your $40/set rate for non-members is too low.

• Baller

@MitchellM  I have thought about a family plan but our membership fee is pretty low so I'm going to keep it individual for now. 

We have plenty of room to spin on the far end if you want.    The address is 5077 SE Lake View Ln Arcadia FL 34266.  It's a little remote but we love it.  Our original name for the lake was BFE.  

• Like 2

• Baller
3 hours ago, MitchellM said:

20 sets is your break even point for those debating between the two plans.  Please keep us posted about how busy you get down there.  Great to see this option.

You can look it that way.   But nonmembers will not have the same access to the lake and boat as members will.

• Baller

Hi Mark:  I'm planning on skiing at Eden in Feb 5 thru 13.  And I would very much like to checkout your place. Arthur is off on Wednesday so could I come up and take a set with you, please.  Last time when Arthur wasn't available I actually drove to Lauderdale, it was a fun place to ski.  Thank you 

Prissy Edwards  765-610-7552

• Like 1

• Baller

Free (no charge) ski sets!

Come checkout Shell Rock Ski on Friday Feb 9th from 8:30 am to 4 pm.  We'll be providing Free Ski Sets and refreshments.  Bring your ski gear and let's have fun!

The lake address is: 5077 SE Lake View Ln Arcadia, FL 34266.  My # is 6513031218.

Mark

• Like 6

This is fantastic!!  We won't be in town on the 9th, but I love the idea of building more community for skiers SW Florida.  Thank you for putting this out here.  Like someone said before - this is an INCREDIBLE value - not just financially but socially too!

• Like 1

• Baller

Beautiful site from the pics and video.

It looks like you might have dug out the lake a little bit on the far end? What's your length in the course as well as how are you handling the ends? Spin, dog-leg or straight in or other? 

From Okeeheelee, it looks like it's about 2 hours 24 minutes. Might be worth a drive over soon!

• Baller

Thanks @scoke.  When we connected the ponds we also excavated both ends giving us 2200'.  We normally ski it straight in but some do spin on the far end.  For 36 mph skiers we drop pretty close to the weeds.  

If anyone is interested in checking out the lake, I'm hosting an open house/lake this coming Friday from 8:30 am - 4 pm.  No Charge ski sets.  Contact me at 6513031218.

Mark

• Like 3

• Baller

I’m very late adding to this thread… I had the good fortune to ski with @m_pags a couple weeks ago. Mark has a great set up here! My wife and I were the only ones there at the time. Mark took us on a little boat tour of his site, then I got in a quick set. Even though it’s “out in the middle of no where”… it’s such an awesome site, and Mark is such a gracious host, I’m sure there will be a thriving club there in no time! Truly worth the trip if you’re in the area. 

• Like 7

• Baller

@m_pags place is a perfect watering hole in the middle of cattle country. He and his wife are amazing hosts. I’ve skied there many times already. It’s plenty long to go straight in. Do yourselves a favor and check it out when you are in SW Florida. 

• Like 4