Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Best podcast of 23

ktm300

• Baller

My opinion only of course.  Does depend on where you are as a skier.  However, if you're skiing behind newer boats i.e. tournaments, this is really good stuff:  https://radarskis.com/spraymakers  S4 E23 Rules of the Road.  The first time I skied behind a 2021 boat, I went OTF before the first wake.  Full flip like a trick flip in the flats.  That damn thing reacted fast and hard to my mistake and is no doubt different.  Offside, I have always had a bit of a forward move load the tip a bit move that used to work out okay.  Have had to evolve and eliminate that.

"The apex is where the speed of the ski matches the speed of the boat"   While we hope that this occurs at a specific point relative to the buoys, it sometimes does not.  While it is another way of saying "ski the rope, not the buoys", I needed to hear it put a different way.

I have always taken more angle off of the buoy than is ideal (more is better right).  Finally understanding that ski angle and my actual angle achieved relative to the course can have an inverse correlation, was so helpful.  The podcast discussion of angle is great.

I have skied some with Rini and really relate to how he explains it all.  The video below has some wisdom in it and, to me, includes about 85% of what anyone needs to know.  

Just doing some pre Spring thinking.

• Like 1