Radar question

lefty

• Baller
On 3/8/2024 at 9:54 PM, jjackkrash said:

What size?  I hit a dry 194 today and have a 67" coming.  I am motivated to keep cutting into the 180s.    

Although I got two free-ski sets in on the '24 68" vapor today in 42 degree water and even in the miserable cold water this ski feels like a real winner.  

67.  You’d probably be better on a 67 senate over a 68 vapor. lf you’re skiing the course I’d go with the Pro, it’s definitely an upgrade over the lithium and all the other builds seem more designed for open water.

• Baller

I tried out a '22 67" Senate Pro this weekend.  It's a very nice ski, very stable.  Free skiing at 34 MPH / -28.  The '24 68" Vapor seems faster cross course but a little less forgiving of mistakes.  I am sub-194 pounds right now hopefully heading into the high 180s in the next week or two.   I am looking forward to running both skis through the paces this year especially when the water warms up.  50-degree water can be a little deceiving as to ski characteristics as the water warms up.  I am pretty sure the 69"ers are too big for me at least at 34 mph and sub 200 lbs.  

• Baller
On 3/2/2024 at 8:53 PM, Horton said:

@thager Yeah the definitions are becoming fuzzy. 

Long/Deep us something like below. 2.480 is not very shallow and 6.963 is long. It is a big fin and feels great on the 24 Vapor. 

• 30 1/8th (Vapor boot)

@Horton How would you tweak these numbers for a 66 ?  

• Baller
48 minutes ago, C5Quest said:

@Horton How would you tweak these numbers for a 66 ?  

I usually look at the difference in stock numbers from a 67 to a 68 and use those same differences to get “roughly” there. In the case of the “24 Vapor, the settings are the same for the 66, 67, & 68, with the exception of adding .005 for each inch longer. So 0.005 less for a 66

• Administrators

FYI - @ColeGiacopuzzi numbers are the same as my L/D numbers. He and I  were talking about it this morning. He thinks my bindings are too far forward but it turns out Cole is just bad a fractions. 🙂 

• DIslike 1
  • Haha 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I am just trying to picture what it's doing and why.   Ok so maybe overthinking.  But it's raining and I got nothing else to think about until this thundercap passes and we can head to the lake.  I will probably give this setting a rip when our water hits 60.   

• Baller
19 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Care to elaborate?   "Sick" sounds like a ringing endorsement.

Sorry about the “sick” descriptor. We just opened a cable wake park on our ski lake so the wakeboarder language is rubbing off on me. 
“sick”: Automatic. no thoughts like “get over the front to make the turn initiate”, the ski is doing what it is supposed to do with minimal input. You just have to fix you. Onside and Offside turns are easy and tight, no noticeable tip rise. My best set this year

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Baller
On 4/7/2024 at 10:05 AM, aupatking said:

We just opened a cable wake park on our ski lake so the wakeboarder language is rubbing off on me. 

You did WHAT?!?

• Haha 1