97-01 Nautique - Anyone have an unused spare mooring cover laying around?

Fine409

• Baller

Current cover for my 99 Nautique is pretty trashed so I'm in the market for a new one. 

Was looking to go w/ Skips Tumcas option but he's out of stock. 

Next up, I'm looking into skiboatcovers.com but 1st thought I'd see if anyone on the forum has a cover still in good shape they aren't using that they'd like to part with - thanks!

• Baller

@Fine409will the boat be left in the water with the cover on? If not call Skip Dunlap 863-605-0340. He has the best cover in the business for less than $500. Tell him Jim sent you. 
He may actually have this cover in a rub rail length. 
These covers last forever.

IMG_0641.jpeg

• Baller

Skip’s covers are super nice. Though not breathable, they’re probably hurricane-proof. 

I have a Sunbrella cover from SkiBoatCovers.com that I use for dust and bugs under the hoist canopy and it lets the boat air out nicely, but it’s not nearly weather-proof as Skip’s.

IMG_0754.jpeg

• Baller

Did Hoglands buy out some private guy in the Seattle area, or somewhere out west? I have a cover that looks very similar to this with the black rubber on the nose and what looks to be the grabbers one the sides. It's an amazing cover, breathable, no fade yet, perfect fit, no sagging or water pooling. It sits outside all summer on my lift and has been for years now. 

• Like 1

• Baller

@LOTW I know Dave (owner of Hoglunds.  The older covers that were made up here in the PNW that look very similar were often made by Cover Sports.  I believe they went out of business.  The company that Dave bought the patterns from was Rankin Covers.  Dave markets their new covers under Craft Covers.  Same high quality, reinforced, towable, doesnt sag at all.  Great product, great guy/company (i have known him since grade school).  He really produces a great product and stands behind his workmanship.

• Like 1

• Baller

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I'll try giving Skip a call this week to double check on his stock - I think his cover might fit my use case best...

At my home lake, it sits on a covered lift, tucked up decently under the canopy.  Probably wouldn't throw the cover on much...

Main reason for wanting a nice cover is for the 1-2 long weekend trips where it would be moored on a dock or buoy.   

PXL_20230812_133521231.jpg

• Baller

@Fine409 @Mastercrafter

not sure why you think Skips cover is not breathable. Mine has 2 vents and is always covered. We are in Central Florida and as everyone knows the humidity is off the charts. FYI, easiest cover available to put on, takes less than 30 seconds with only 1 person. Skip will explain how to put it on. 

• Baller

If you strike out with Skip, give the folks at Angola canvas a call.  They have Nautique patterns as well.  Lots of good options with rope/ratchet, platform covers, side skirts, etc. 

Here's our 01 with an Aqualon cover from Angola Canvas.  With the transom ratchet, we really don't need any additional tie downs.  I use RoseBrand stage tie line in the rare event we need to haul with the cover on the boat or if I'm storing outdoors for an extended period of time. 

Hard to believe this cover is going on 10 years old! 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1