MY LAKE IS SO BUSY

• Baller

I bought in 1999 and retired in 2001 and was skiing everyday.I pretty much had the lake to myself.Since 2020 due to the pandemic and civil unrest all of the lots are sold and more people are here full time in the summer.Its way too busy to ski at times......

IMG_9512.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Baller

Good one. 

I have what I call Bruce’s Button. Whenever I lower my boat to go skiing it’s a signal for the wind to come up and/or for the Wallys to appear out of nowhere. Yesterday I fought a breeze that I couldn’t avoid. By the time I was done the lake was glass. 

• Haha 1

• Baller
2 hours ago, BKistler said:

Good one. 

I have what I call Bruce’s Button. Whenever I lower my boat to go skiing it’s a signal for the wind to come up and/or for the Wallys to appear out of nowhere. Yesterday I fought a breeze that I couldn’t avoid. By the time I was done the lake was glass. 

That's what we've been fighting lately.  Look out at the lake and it's calm as could be.  Cover off, drop the boat in the water, get the wife and gear in the boat, but the wind kicks up along with some chop as we motor out to ski.  Grumble a bit as we take our turns.  Put the boat back on the lift, cover back on, gear stowed away and the lake becomes a sheet of glass again!  

• Baller

I hear what everyone is saying. There isn’t another activity that I participate in that requires so many variables to lineup correctly in order for it to be enjoyable. Drives me nuts at times. I just try to have fun instead of constantly improving.

• Baller
1 hour ago, tjs1295 said:

I hear what everyone is saying. There isn’t another activity that I participate in that requires so many variables to lineup correctly in order for it to be enjoyable. Drives me nuts at times. I just try to have fun instead of constantly improving.

I think that is why the sport migrated to purpose built, private ski lakes, designed to limit rollers and designed with the prevailing wind in mind.  When I switched from trying to ski at the local public lake two miles from my house, and started driving 50 miles to a private ski lake, I increased my skiing each year by almost 4 to 5x.   

• Like 3