SCAM from the Classifies

Horton

• Administrators

Below is an email exchange I had about the RS-1 I have for sale. Clearly Bull$h*t! 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM, gibson gibson2393@gmail.com> wrote:

My name is Gibson i saw your advert placement of your (skis) which am interesting in purchasing it.. I want you to answer all the following question before below :
1)Why do you want to sell it
2)For how long do you have it
3)Is it well okay or what' i mean the present condition.
4)And your LAST ASKING PRICE please get back to me.And i want you
to understand that my mode of payment lays on certified cashier's
check and i will be handle the pick up....
5)So email me direct to my mail box at (gibsonrider2393@gmail.com)...
Thanks

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:34 PM, John Horton Horton@ballofspray.com> wrote:

1) Why do you want to sell it

I test and review a lot of skis for BallOfSpray.com. This RS-1 is one of many skis I have. For 2009 I have between 2 and 5 other skis to ride. I buy and sell a lot of skis.

2) For how long do you have it

I received this ski last August or September. I have skied on it less then 15 rides. This is the best RS-1 I have ridden.

3) Is it well okay or what' i mean the present condition.

The ski is basically good as new. Since I buy and sell many skis I am extra careful to keep them in new condition. Because this ski was hand picked at the factory, I consider it to be a better ski then you can purchase at a shop. I can supply photos of the ski if you would like.

4)And your LAST ASKING PRICE please get back to me. And I want you
to understand that my mode of payment lays on certified cashier's
check and I will be handle the pick up....

I am asking $700 including shipping within the US.  If you are supplying a FedEx or UPS account # the price is $650.

John Horton
BallOfSpray.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello,
           I am okay with your responses and price which is $700 I love to have the (skis) as soon as possible that's why i suggest to proceed on purchasing it.       The (skis) will be transported to my destination by my cargo agent who will be coming to your location for the collection soon after sale and payment which is in form of a U.S certified cashier's check. Also i want you to know that you will be receiving a Certified cashier's check of $4,000 that will sent to you from my Client in U.S who is owing me this amount.After the certified cashier's check has been cashed i want you to Transfer the remaining excess funds to my Shipping Company who will be coming over for the Pick up.
       He has agreed to issue out the funds to you since am purchasing from you... I am Compensating you with the Sum of $100 for the little stress you will be going through in the transaction, his now make your total income to be $800.So If this is Okay by you i want you to provide me with the Following Information's Which of course i will forward to my Client so that Payment will be
Issued :
NAME: ......................
ADDRESS:.....................
CITY: ..............................
STATE:............................
ZIP CODE:...........................
PHONE NUMBER:...................(HOME,CELL AND WORK).
    Arrangements as to how and when it will be picked-up from your location will be made known to you by my shipping agency who is presently making concrete arrangements for the transportation .Hope i can trust you with the transactions to fore see that the purchased of your (skis) with registered with the shipping company effectively.
Looking forward to your soonest reply and details soon.
Thanks

• Baller

I had an eerily similar deal happen to me last fall while trying to sell my boat.  The guy had a check for about $4000 more than my selling price that originally was earmarked for another deal that fell through; they'd send me the check, arrange to have the boat picked up, and I was to send them the change after they picked up the boat.  Very obrious to me what was going on but I wonder how many people fall for this crap?

Ed

• Administrators
Now this is funny. The above post is from a spammer that I just banned. He or she posted in 10 threads. Posting spam in this thread is classic! I deleted the other posts but this one cracks me up.

Almost makes me want to call an FBI office and see if they want to have some fun these people that try to pull of such an uninspired scam. Even with that first e-mail, it's just a little too robotic to be a real inquiry, and the phrase, "I will handle the pickup," is a quick DQ.