MPD to RS-1

disland

• Baller

Care to offer any comments on the differences between the two skis?  I'm going into my 3rd year on my MPD and I love that ski.  However I figure I'll be ready to consider a new one next year perhaps and the RS1 is likely where I'll go.  Any info you guys would care to pass along would be welcome.

I understand also that Radar is working on yet another ski, perhaps a replacement for the RS1.  Anyone else heard that or know anything?

Ed

• Administrators

Every ski company is always working on the next ski..... Yes I now stuff but .... If you buy the RS-1 I have for sale I will tell you everything :-)

• Baller_
Ed- I'd be glad to let you try my 68" RS-1. You pay the shipping & be careful.  As for something new from Radar, Eddie's always working on something, "new & improved" of course.  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you - and that would ruin the chance of you buying Horton's RS-1.

• Baller

I appreciate the offer Richard (for the ski, not the murder part...).  Unfortunately it will probably be mid June before I get to ski on anything.  Had rotor cuff surgery on the left shoulder Feb.17th, just started PT this week, had to wait for the 4 screws holding tendons in place to heal in before I could start PT.  Therapist says 3 months before the shoulder is able to take the strain but we'll see, it's going really well and PT says I'm well ahead of "normal" whatever that means.  I'll be down at Rini's probably in August for some more tune up, I can probably try one there.  I appreciate the offers though guys.

Hey John, is that a 68"?

Ed

• Administrators
My RS is a 68. Hand picked by Eddie for me yadda yadda Yadda.... it really good ski. Since I am testing skis for the site  . . . never keep any skis....I just have sell anything I buy. Will someone please take this thing. I have it listed a a loss already.

• Administrators
I can get some 67" MPDs. Yep the old black MPD not the white RS-1. These skis are graphic blems but otherwise are good as new. For me this is one of the best skis made in the last 10 years. You need a bit of front foot pressure but  then WOW. The price is "Killer". Let me know.

• Administrators

Steven,

I have not seen the skis yet but I think under $500. Some have crazy graphics. I know one has scratches in the top - under the bindings. The one with the pure white bottom is MINE! I will not sell you something that I do not believe will ski well.

Horton

• Administrators

Steven,

The update is that I have at least one each 66, 67 and 68. I will review them before I offer for sale but expect it to be a very good deal for someone.

• Baller

Hey John,

Thanks for the info, I passed it on to him, but it sounds like he wants something for nothing. I guess if he was serious he would be actively searching it out on his own!

Thanks again

P.S. Congrats to you and your new bride! I wish you the best of luck.