An inspirational story from my cousin Lisa (Nock) Freyschlag

Horton

• Administrators

Hi friends,
A Cottonwood tournament story:  3rd rd. slalom, they decide to run til 8 p.m. due to weather delay and, of course, women are the last group to go out!  I almost scratched (cold, couldn't see the course, etc!), but we all decided to tough it out!  I went out at 22 off (which I never do...as you know, Lisa likes her 15'off warmup), and discovered a tail wind on my opener as I scrambled through.  At the end I asked the boat crew jokingly if I should just opt up to 32 since there'd be a headwind!?  They said OF COURSE, so, what the heck?  I did!
And...I ran a 32 off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I had a major scream-fest party going out the gate, and the gang on the shore wondered why as they thought I was at 22 or 28.  I got 1-1/2 at 35, but I'm sharing with you cuz you know me and can imagine my JOY at waiting SO LONG to make this in a tournament (can't even count the years, as my nickname is "Two at 32"!)  It was so unexpected and under strange circumstances.  Crazy day, love it!  Thanks for indulging me by reading my story!  (Now, do you think my brother should FINALLY get nervous?!)  Ha...

Lisa

• Baller
Congratulations to Lisa - she is one of the most consistent skiers I know.  Its great to see her break through that 32  and go blue!  Well deserved to a great skier, a hard worker in tournaments and junior development camps, etc.  and promoter of our sport.