Regionals/Nats

Marco

• Baller

Just curious as to who will be traveling to Regionals/Nationals this year, and how far.  This year, Regionals is in my home state (400 miles from home), so I will be going, but probably won't be making the trip to Fla.

Also, can someone explain the difference in the entry classification at Regionals between Premier and Record?  The tournament director couldn't tell me, and just recommended to sign up under the Record classification.  (I definately won't be setting any records).

• Baller
It asks the question in the online entry form portion of the Regionals application.  In the registration status page of the tournament information, Record shows up as "R", and the only other designation for applicants I see is "S", which I assume is a result of clicking the "Premier" box on the application.

• Baller

I'm not going due to Zero Off, however if I were...

Regionals in Paducah: 986 miles. However, I will not ski there again, so Eastern Regionals in New York: 1406 miles.

Nationals in Florida: 5 miles.

I'll ask Charlotte what the Premier is about.

• Baller

Premier events include AWSA class N,C,E,L,R - ABC Class  C, L, R - AKA Class Q and T - USA Wakeboard Class W -  NCWSA Class N, I, C.   All Premier events must adhere to the respective disciplines' rules and guidelines. GrassRoots Series events may be added to Premier events at no additional sanction fee by completing a separate GrassRoots sanction application below then contacting HQ for a fee waiver.

If I'm reading that correctly, you could check either or both...