Radar Strada Bindings

MrJones

• Baller

I just got a pair of Strada boots for the wife this week. (For reference she is a shallow to mid 35 off skier) She has been on an Animal front and Wiley rear for years. We decided to try and make the switch to "hard" shells this fall. We chose the Radar's because we thought it would be an easier transition and I like the concept of the release. 

First off, these things look cool! Second,they are easy to work with. For years I have been rebuilding her bindings when needed. The Animal wasn't bad but Wiley's are a pain. (I shouldn't complain. At least she doesn't jump anymore.) The fore-aft and rotational setting are a no brainer. Third, these things look cool!

She had her first set on them yesterday. Predictably she fell around 2 at 15, ran it, ran 22, missed 28 once, then ran 32! So much for taking the off season to get used to them! It does look like they need to go back a bit on the ski, but that is just the vagaries of finding out where I need to measure from on the new boots. 

I plan to try a set this fall as well, but think it will feel pretty strange coming from double Reflex's. I am not really trying to start a big discussion here. I am just really impressed by these things and would recommend you try them if considering new bindings. 

sj

• Baller

"They are less bulky."

What is less bulky about them? I have a set of 2010 liners on the way to replace my prematurely shot RS-1 liners. Hopefully they are not really different from the the RS-1's because it could cause problems with my fit.

Deke

• Baller

"Anybody run a Strada or RS1 with a RTP?  How does that combo work out?  I don't know that I want one of the slippers you see on the Radar website. "

My son uses the RS1 front boot with the Radar slipper style RTP and loves it.  I wouldn't choose it for myself, but he likes it and continues to progress.  The newer slipper appears to be more adjustable than the old one, but still more bulky than the D3 or HO RTP.

• Baller
Can only comment on "the slipper"... I am an 8wide foot, and the could not use the old one (too loose). However, I just got the new 2010 Radar ARTP (with the laces), and it is pretty sweet.  A far better (customizable) fit than the old version.  Definitely would consider it pretty advanced as far as toe plates go.  I mounted mine on the Sequence Plate w/ the new 2010 Radar Vector (replacing Animal and HO RTP).  I just got out on it for first time yesterday, and "I'm sold".