Ball of Spray Internet Slalom Tournament

robscholl-OF

• Baller

Okay, so Richard and I are sitting around and come up with the idea to call everyone out, even the Lurkers.  We may not all be able to get together and ski a tournament, but why not use the internet?  Ski on your favorite lake, use your favorite boat, driven by your favorite driver and your speed control of choice.  We thought about having a bunch of rules, buy why?  It is only you who you affect if you cheat.  So here are the rules:

It has to be on a regulation course.

The boat has to have speed control.

Times have to be in tolerance. (Your chance to get a 17.01 again)

Ropes and handles need to be the correct length. (No non-switch ropes on the switch)

The pass that you post, MUST be run under AWSA rules used for class C tournament in the regards you have to run your passes in sequence.  In order to speed up or cut line, you have to run the prior pass.  The cool part is that if you miss or fall, you can start over from the beginning again.  You can do it as many times you want, as long as the pass you post is run as if you were in a class C tournament.

This could be fun as it would give us all a chance to put a face with a name and see each other ski.  Trust me, once you see me ski, the last thing I want everyone to do is see me ski.  Then I thought, who cares, maybe this will help me get better by watching myself and others.  Also if I start, maybe others will follow and we all can see each other ski.  As we get better we can post each time we better our last post.  It could be a blast.

So if you already have footage that meets the rules, post it.  If not, go out this weekend or whenever and shoot a video.  Feel free to talk a little trash too.  It could be fun.  Here is Richard and my "Internet Tournament" set to start this all off. 

I've seen R. D. do better, but he's still fun to watch.

For the record, Richard, it might be noted that the sizing on your ARM-GUARD is to your own specifications, and leaves a much larger opening than we recommend - especially for someone not using "clinchers".  Just keep your arm out and you'll be fine...

TW

• Baller

In my haste to finish the video I had a few spelling errors and left out the final clip at the end of the video.   I fixed them so the current video is the edited one.  I noticed that I missed that I spelled Master Craft wrong, but I will live with what is posted.

For those of you who are done for the year and want to play, post next year.  Richard and I were thinking that it will be cool for not only seeing others ski, but the different boats and speed controls, skis and equipment used and everyones different ski sites.  

• Baller
We do ski year round, but try not to make it a habit on the real nasty days.  As RunSix knows, if you are every  in the Seattle/Tacoms area, get in touch with us if you want to go for a rip.  Heck, I wil even video your set and post it if you want.....     

• Baller

Broho skiers, you guys rock!  If you guys can ski all year up there, than I can certainly do it down here. 

Keep posting vids, they are great. I still remember last winter when you were breaking up the ice on the lake.

Lake down to 62 today, we are in the middle of a cold snap.  Should be back int he high 70s soon.

• Baller
Took grief today as my wife skied in a light spring suit after I used my 4/3mm full suit... at least I wasn't in my drysuit. When I offered to buy her a full suit she sounded like Horton... "why would I want to ski when it's that cold?"