New Pending World Record

Ali

• Baller
No disrespect meant but when someone you never heard of does some incredible thing it makes you wonder. Boat path video would be good also. Please measure the rope. We have heard of some shaningans with that lately, switch rope, no switch rope, long handle, etc.. I appologize ahead of time. Maybe it is my job that makes me question things that seem not right. Almost everyone lies to me.

• Baller

Ranking list tournament, so all those things are done. I have personally seen 2 French skiers get to 2 at 10.25m in tournies this year, and I have heard of people running it in practice. Will see what they say about the video.

cheers

Ali

• Baller
There are many skiers out there you have never heard of running into line lengths ranging from 38 off to 41 off. These guys just have no interest in the time and money involved with going to tournaments. I personally know of a 44 year old skier to gets into 41 off on a regular basis. And that is with a record certified course with Perfect Pass. Path straight as an arrow. Also, know one who gets into 38 off regularly and one who gets into 39.5 off regularly. Point is, these guys have the same coach. I am sure there are probably at least a couple dozen souls across this country that could get on the Nationals podium if they really wanted to.

• Baller
As I said, I don't want to disrespect anyone or take away from their accomplishment. I am just a skeptic. You hear about movable slalom courses, guys that only ski well on their own lake, six foot + handles, etc.. and these are all in the USA.

• Baller_

Sorry guys, but there are a few pesky facts that get in the way:

There is no 55kph World Record for men.  IWSF does not recognize any "World Record" at that level.  Most countries recognize National records for their applicable divisions.  The US National record for M3 and MM55k is 3.25@10.25, with 3.5 pending.  The Canadian National M3 record is 4@10.25 (I believe Dave Miller is still M3, but I'm not positive).

The results of that tournament didn't list what class it was, or what is required for a (presumably) French National record.  It is quite possible the tournament is not eligible for a National Record, or if there was video of the boat path.

I will also take exception to the comments that there are dozens of skiers who could get on the Nationals podium if they wanted to.  There is a HUGE difference between putting up a good run at your practice site and doing the same consistently at a strange site, with a different driver and many top notch skiers on the dock.  It is simply not anywhere close to the same.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

"It is quite possible the tournament is not eligible for a National Record, or if there was video of the boat path."

It is and there is, they are waiting for validation of the boat path.

cheers

Ali