So what are you guys working on?

Horton

• Administrators

Since I switched back to my Elite from a Strada 55 it is really clear to me how hard I hit the end of the turn. The 55 forgave this but the Elite is like “90 Degrees? Ok Hold on”.  As fun as that may be it is not really good for control.  

To fix this. I am trying to keep my free hand off the handle a fraction longer at the finish of the turn.  I ran some 32s and 35s this way last night and it felt pretty good.  Think I managed to move the power away from the ball line a bit. Working on this derails some of the other things I am trying to do at the ball but for now I think it is a smart trade off.

I'm working on being more patient on my 1,3,5 side I guess that would be my onside RF foot fwd?? AS I go around the turn islands I tell myself handle up at 1 ball and counter rotate @ 2 then at three hold back a bit, not trying to over turn! I've also gone back to working on a 2 handed gates which seem's to be setting me up better for my 1 ball with a nice smooth roll in.. I ran some really clean 32's yesterday and worked on a couple 35's only getting up to 2 ball.. Last year at this time I was struggling to get into 28's... My gates still need some work but I'm having a lot of fun skiing this year!!!!!! Worst part is I'm still in a drysuit, RADAR water temp was 62 yesterday....

• Baller

Better counter through the turn on my offside, usually achieved by trying to stay off the handle a bit longer.  I'm on the Elite also and it punishes with too much angle if I try to get on the handle too soon.  If I don't reach for the handle too soon the turn is unreal.

That and better handle control at the hookup and edge change.

• Baller
Lately I've been working on a sixer of leinenkugels sunset wheat!  I may graduate to something a bit heavier this weekend.  http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

• Baller

Last night I learnt how to reach correctly. Was able to go from right to left and left to right better. Felt kinda good.

Bruce55,

When I skied with you last year you had some strong looks at 12m didn't you? Sounds like you have changed your setup quite a bit though?