trick ski setup

tru-jack

• Baller
I know this is a slalom board, but I found an older set of connelly trick skis (team 2 in vintage purple) and plan on screwing a wiley high wrap and rtp on one to try something different between slalom sets.  I am not spending $ on a new trick ski as this will be just fine for my lack of ability.  It's 42" and I am trying to determine where to mount the front binding.  Is there a rule of thumb?  I will place the rtp where it feels comfortable but would like some advice for the front binding.  I suppose I could mount close as possible to the existing bindings which are adjustable and very floppy and need to be replaced.  All suggestions welcome, thanks.

• Baller

I just mounted the same ski with a hard boot for a girl at our lake.

I found the center of the ski and mounted binding so the ankle would be at the center.  The plate is adjustable so I could move fore and aft of that point.  But I seemed to get it right for her the first time (guess I'm lucky).

Kevin

• Baller

Ankle bone just ahead of the center for the front foot and the rear foot 45 degrees about 1" back from as tight as you can fit your feet. Set up both skis. The RTP is not necessary to start with - just some nonskid. Or make the plate reversible.

The reason for setting up two is that the most fun you can have on a trick ski is playing around doing double tricks. Not two skis but two skiers! Spray wars, add a trick or just wrestling on the water is a kick. Way better than tubing. When someone falls, do a show ski pickup where the standing skier goes outside still gliding while the rope drops into the hands of the fallen skier. You and your kids/friends will quickly progress to where your skills need a new decent ski. Of course, slippery slalom is a good challenge too. Have fun.

Eric