Question for MAD 11

Skihack

• Baller

Hello,

How did you get a 65" Strada to turn with a 95 lb. skier? That really piked my interest when I saw on the forum. Especially since she gets into 35 off. That is awesome. Our daughter skis on a 64" Goode and it just will not complete a turn at any rope length. To see a 95lb. girl skiing into 35 off on a 65" Strada is just incredible.

• Baller

Skimech,

She is not 95lbs now, but was in Jan when we put her on the ski. Trent and Eddie picked a soft 65 for her. Now she is 11, about 107 and is 5'4". Grew about 6" in a year. Have only seen 35 a few times in practice, but way down 32 everyday. Skis works great and is super forgiving. 

Numbers- 6.84, .745, 2.495 9 wing,  boot 28 1/4 from tail and a rear kicker.

Main reason she skis good is because Trent taught her, not me. He is always patient and thinking big picture. It's about the foundation, not quick gains. She skis with him daily in the spring before he starts traveling. That's also why she wanted a Strada. Had to have the same ski as her boy T$$. Spending time with Drew and Jodi has been good too.

Also, we are really lucky here because the G2 group in our region is awesome. I think 6 or 7 of the current top 10 ski together and are friends. That has been a big motivator for all of them. Great kids and families!

Just put a 13 year old G3 skier on a 65 Strada this weekend. She was 115lbs and came off a 64" 9700. Her dad said she was way faster through the turn and making much better angle. She said she worked a lot less also and felt more stable. She was on the 9700 for 2 seasons and instantly liked the Strada.  We have put about 5 other G2 and 3 girls on the same ski with all positive results. If you think it's too big they now have a 63.5", which wasn't an option last spring.

Anything else just ask.

Marc