2011 200 Should I go for the 6 liter

slow

• Baller

The 200 at our lake was upgraded from the 343 to the 409 because it couldn't pull 36.  The 409 doesn't seem to be loud to me at all. Can't remember about the 343.

At our altitude, (5600'), the 409 has an actual HP output of around 340 (or so I'm told), so it will feel like the 343 does at sea level.  If you are at 3,000', I would err on the bigger engine just to be safe, especially if you are pulling 36 and if your lake is on the short side (assuming the extra $$$ is not an issue).

• Baller_

Wow!! Brick Wall!!! Maybe it is because that boat drives straight!! Or you boy's might want to frequent the gym more offten!!! /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gifFunny That same boat pulled many a international slalom record, a world overall record and many, many  personal best since it was used at the Masters as the slalom boat. I guess I wont offer up my boat again and send it 5 hours one way as I was told their was not going to be a CC their. Your welcome any way!

As for the difference between a 5.7 and a 6.0 remember given that if the gear reduction and the prop are the same it takes the same amount of HP to pull a given skier at a given speed thru the course whether it is 340 hp or 700 hp. I prefer the 6.0 for this hull as it is better accross the board for what we do with the boat. The six liter is actually lighter than the 5.7, however the price difference is not!

Cheers!

Jody

• Baller

A friend of mine has a 2010 with the 343 and has pulled several tournaments this year at 4,000'.  Pulled 34 and 36 fine and the holeshot was much better than the Malibu.  It does turn a lot of RPM's, and is a bit loud inside but had plenty of power.

• Baller_

Hell I am digging ZO now!!! Keep me away from the slalom course, at 36 mph 32 off and a long straight path loving every min of it! going out this evening my even take a shot at the course!

Dont let Mr BXroads fool ya he is an up and coming phenom!!! He brought his powervest last wekend and he had a great time behind our other 6.0 200! At least until he started bleeding, crap! It ruined my good boat towel./vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gif

Sorry Jody but I couldnt suger coat it. There was not a skier there that liked the pull. The next day when the 343 was there everyone was in love.

There was a 422 Prop on the Sunday boat. I do appreciate that you offered up your boat and Thanks. Thanks to Shane and Charles for getting up at midnight and hauling the their boat up from Houston.

• Baller

I have the 409 in my 2011 SN200 and Love it. The pull is great and it is so nice now to have Zero-Off to ski behind instead of occasionally at Tourneys or a Ski School. Although, having used B-2 in the past, it always felt the same as PP to me. The bigger difference was the wake between boats.

As far as the 409 goes, I have skied and driven other 200's with the 343. What I didn't like about the 343 was that it ran at 4000RPM @ 34 MPH, was louder, and had a bump at 28off. The 409 is quieter, runs @ 3690 RPM @ 34 MPH, and no bump at any line length. I felt it had a slightly softer wake overall.

I skied with Andy Mapple before ordering my boat and Andy chose the 409 for his personal boat. I also followed the recommendation of both Jody and Marco in selecting the 409. I really liked the fact it was 200lbs lighter and ran at less RPM.

Bottom line was I wanted the best Slalom boat I could find and would not have spent an additional $5000 for the 409 unless I believed it to be a better choice for all the reasons listed above.

Ski Well,  ED

• Baller_

It is funny as this boat has been out a Cory's since it came Back from Covington, Alexis,Adam, Regina are skiing their best behind this boat. Toti Miranda and team Miranda are doing some training with this boat as they are headding to Europe next week for a pro event. Stephen (#1 son) went out last night and ran a 38 behind it, first one this year! Getting a decal made "SHE's A BRICK-HOUSE" 

Will be Primary Slalom Boat This weekend at the Shoreline Pan Am Challenge at Cory's. Will post some scores on Monday.

Jody,

Thanks for the use of the 200. I skied behind it on Saturday and drove it. Boat drove great and did feel a little firm, I ran 39 behind it but some skiers did feel as though the boat was a little firm. Charles Mueller (Dockside Marine, Houston, Texas Correct Craft dealer) while enjoying some tasty adult beverages following the tournament offered up his boat for Sunday which was a 5.7. So at about 10:30 pm, Charles contacted Shane Hill and told him we could get him in the tournament which was full. So Shane drove all night and brought their boat for the next day. As a promo team member, I appreciate you and Charles making your boats available for the tournament.

• Baller

I was at Rini's in Florida 2 weeks ago skiing behind Whitneys 200 OB with the 409 hp 6.0 engine.  I don't ever ski behind ZO so I was concerned about how it would feel and affect my skiing.  There was absolutely none of the speedup/slow down I hear all the bitching about, the boat felt very smooth and I skied pretty consistantly behind it which is pretty skiing good for me.  Really no difference from what I feel behind the SG in my boat.  I asked Matt about that, if I remember it all accurately he told me that the prop was a 4-blade rather than a 3, was a half-inch smaller in diameter and (I think) an inch lower in pitch.  The idea with that as I understand it is to get the boat more into it's power band so that it doesn't have to work to hold steady speed.  Being a 200 lb scrapper at 28 - 32 off the boat never exhibited any revving up and down and was really smooth, awsome to ski behind.  FWIW.

Ed

• Baller_

Well the brick towed rd 1 of the Pan am challange at Picko's this weekend, Rd 1 also was the best score of the first one day tournament. Reggie went 5@39, Sledghammer 1@41 , Both Zack Mac and Zack Montavon along with Alexis Pickos and Corbin Guyer all had personal bests in rd 1. Most said that the boat felt like a ... well a boat!!! Rds 2 and three were pulled with Lymans MasterCraft most skied well! We did have some late rough/glare conditions due to the late start we got in slalom.

Bob wished you would have stayed for the Alexis open on Daves Lake as we utilizet the new 2011 CB 200 also a 6 liter. Round one was a barn burner as Adam Pickos got out around 2 ball a 39 for a pb. The above juniors upped their PB's from the day before. Jerry Jackson ran 38 twice, April 38 three times. Many other skiers skied very well with Brick two and Lymans MasterCraft. Thanks Lyman even though you were still in europe!!

Get a 6.0 200 you cant go wrong!!

Cheers!

• Baller
I keep exacting records of fuel consumption on my boats.  I have 2 years of records for my 196.  I plan on putting a 422 prop on my 2010 when it arrives next week.  I'll report my findings once I get a good sample.  I'm certain that the 200 will not be as fuel efficient as my 196 but I didn't expect it to be.  How much worse will be determined.

• Baller

To be absolutely precise, the can holds 5.5 gallons. I ski 34 mph and my Daughter is at 32 MPH since she is getting use to ZO. We have only had the 2011 200 with the 409 since Aug. 30th but we have constantly averaged 1 can for every two times we ski, 4 sets total. Our LXI was a little better than that but I expect the CC200 to get better after it is broken in and I can switch to Royal Purple Synthetic.

Ski Well,   ED

• Baller
Looks to me like you are probably using about 7 gallons per hour. That really isn't that much off from a 98 SN as far as I can tell. You had me wondering on a previous post. I thought 4 - 8 pass sets meant a 4 to 8 pass set per set using 5 gallons of gas. I was like man no way. Nice boat.

• Baller
If I were buying a new 200, I would definitely get the big engine. I would probably keep the boat until my skiing days are over. I bet in the next 10 years 400 horsepower will be the standard. I am sure the engines are going to keep getting bigger. From what I have read, it runs at lower RPMS, is quieter, and is lighter weight. I have been told that the nightmare edition Master Craft with the 400hp engine is easier on gas than a boat with the 350hp engine. The same could possibly be true on the SN200. I wish we had the option to choose ZeroOff or Perfect Pass Stargazer. That could knock the price down a bit.  I suspect the engine life would be longer too since it would not be working as hard as the smaller one. If I did buy a boat(especially one that costs $50,000+) I would plan on keeping it 20 years. It would take me 15 years to pay for. I would not be suprised if they come out with a 600hp engine for a ski boat in the next 5 years.

• Baller_
Some food for thought:  you can always reprop a too powerful boat via adding more pitch, similar to a taller gear in automotive applications.  That is pretty easy to do and switch back, will allow the boat to run at a lower engine speed and potentially be quieter and provide a softer pull if you want to do that.  More expensive and a bit more difficult to bump up the hp level once you have the lower power optioned boat if you are at a marginal altitude level as cubic inches are the variable in this case.