Winter Waterskiing in Washington State

RichardDoane

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
No, I've been wearing the same bag style, just different layerings underneath, however I'm thinking of getting an Assault hybrid style for when it starts to warm up (May/June).  People seem pretty happy with that style of drysuit for when the weather's not quite summer.

• Baller_
A big "thank you" to Dan Birch, who sent me his GoPro to try this weekend. It was a lot of fun. I filmed my first 2 sets, the first came out the best, so that's the one in the video. Opener @ -28, up the line to the 4 ball @ -38, then a -35 and a -32 to the dock. OfficerFriendly performed the driving duties flawlessly, getting me through the purple loop for the first time this year (3rd set, no camera - Rats!) Water temp of 42, air of 45. As always, it was a beautiful day at the lake.

Don't believe Brent. If he lived in Washington state, he would be waiting on the dock when you guys showed up. He doesn't even wear a wetsuit until the water temp drops below 60. I think he would fit in with the hardcore folks just fine.

• Baller

Bad Ass Skiing Richard!!!

Please post more video! I like the fact You can see the path your taking! Where was that mounted? /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

• Baller_
Dan sent me his camera all set up and adjusted on the headband strap.  He had one small float attached in case of crashing, and I also added another bungee cord and float to really insure the camera's survival (it was a borrowed and needed to be returned intact).  I didn't realize it captured sound as well, or I would've commentated more.

• Baller
That was the best footage I have seen yet. We took the 1st ski ride of the year yesterday. The air was 70, water 54. sunny and no wind. It was warm in a dry suit. Hottest day of the year in WA. I missed 3 openers at 2 ball, darn ski. Had to be the ski. I finally decided I was going to slowly for my fat a.s and went 36. Ran three 22s and a 28. I am paying for it today. Really sore!

Richard you rock. Being a fellow Washington Waterskier I cant even imagine skiing in the winter. Way to cold. We are still up in the mountains! But that is why you are one of the best skiers in Washington. signed your friend, the firefighter.