Radar Vector Bindings

WIskier

I have a set of them, they havent been on a ski yet.  I'm waiting on the next size, I have narrow ankles and they dont fit me well.  Other than that, they feel great, very comfy, the feather frame seems like a good idea.  I'm ready for the lake to thaw and see how they feel on the ski.

• Administrators

WIskier,

What level skier are you?

If you are an shortline skier you want the Strada.

If you want something less aggressive I think the Vector is a good choice.  

• Baller
The Strada isn't very stiff front to back but it does have good support side to side. I haven't been in the Vector but my guess is that fit is part of it. A properly fitted Strada boot fits very close to your foot and doesn't leave a lot of room for excess movement.

• Baller

I never had one, but I believe the Rail binding had a "double tongue" system, whereas the 2010+ Vector is single tongue. For 2011 you have the option of getting the Vector permanently mounted to an integrated "feather frame" which is lighter and allows for a thinner footbed. It also can be had (as previously offered) mounted (5 underside screws) to a single plate, or to Radars Sequence Plate.

I have last year's Vector mounted on my 2nd ski...wide ride. It is pretty legit. My size 8 foot is at the lower end of the size range for the Standard size (7-11 IIRC), and only complaint would be that the heel width is a bit roomy. The release seems fine.

• Baller

Well, in my search for new bindings this season (I'm moving away from Wiley's) I've picked up a pair of Vectors and Strada's.

I have a few sets on the Vectors and so far I like them pretty well.

I did get the aluminum frame as opposed to the feather and the advice of H20z.

It seems counter-intuitative to me that the feather frame is cheaper...I would have thought the R&D would have raised the price.

The only small tweak that I would make would be to put the same type of "hooks" that the Strada has on the top of the ankle just to be able to get a little more firmness.

The laces and cinch on the top of the foot is almost not even needed...if I tighten it at all my foot starts to camp. I keep it loose and comfy.

• Baller

The Vector was designed to put anyone normally skiing in rubber/EVA boots into Radar Boot comfort and control. I find them a great replacement for any rubber or EVA traditional boot that have been the standard for so many years. They control the ski very well. Not as well as a Strada Boot but better than your traditional boot. Plus with less cramp and a better build, they're an easy transition. Especially if you like an open toe boot.

Scarlet- the FeatherFrames are our new price standard. The pervious Chassis and aluminum plate is more expensive because of the aluminum. That was one motivation to build the integrated plate system.

The Vector over the Rail- Taller cuff, better lateral stiffness, easier releasability, better overall fit.

The Vector is just an easy skiing boot. When I ski in them, I don't ever need to consider my connection to the ski. They just fit and function very well. Great control and super comfy!

sully