New Radar Senate

WIskier

Hey guys, I had a couple of questions about the new radar senate, not the senate c. How is it in the course, and what is the shortest line length you would recommend skiing at? And is there really that big of a difference between the regular senate and the senate c? Thanks.

I an only tell you what Ward told me when I bought it, I am 240 lbs and I ski 32 mph max right now.

He said that it was a great ski if you are a little heavier since it is wide, and that it turns smooth with no quick jerk at the end, he told me it was good for me till i started to ski at 36 mph, but that I would need to get something else at that point (maybe the end of this summer?). I guess I can't really give too much advice on how far the ski can take you but I can say that it is SUPER easy to learn on compared to the 3-4 other skis that I have skied in the course with.

• Baller

I am leaning towards getting the 2011 Senate C also, but a big reason is the price at $599.  I am coming off a 67" system 8, running the RS1 boots already & love them.

I am about 5'10" 180lbs in ski season, maybe a bit lighter if the weight room sees me more...  skiing into 28off 32-34mph. tempting 32off on a good day would be a goal.

skied an A1 67.5" last year and liked it instantly.  also tried the Zt St 67", and liked that but want something just a little more forgiving and stable.   The A1 I preferred to the Z7  FWIW

I am humming and hawing about getting into a leftover A1 (price range is around $600 also), but would consider of course the 2010 Strada, and the new 2011 Vice.

Wanted to know what peoples thoughts are, and if maybe a Vice would be a better ski for me or the higher end 2010 Strada?   Is there any other difference between the Vice and Senate C other than .2" wider?

thanks!

• Administrators

Hey Eddie,

I thought the idea at Radar was a ski for every level of skier  (Mid range) Senate => (Upper range)Senate C => (Kick Ass)Strada

• Baller
John, you're right on with that assumption but as the Senate and Senate C are patterned after the Strada there is a ton of performance built in for speeds up to 34 MPH and both are clearly shortline capable with the stability and forgiving nature inherent in their design. Killer asked about the differences between Vice and Senate C. Besides the slight differences in width the Vice is built with a machined polyurethane core and is a 1/2 glass and 1/2 carbon composite. The Senate C has a molded polyurethane core and is all carbon plus it  has a round tail for added stability to go along with the extra width. 

• Baller

Question for Eddie.  I went into Marine Products in Salt Lake yesterday just to look at the Vice.  They have a Vice but it doesn't look at all like the Vice on the Radar website.  It looks more like a Strada with a couple of blue stripes through it.  I love the look of the ski on the website.  But I was disappointed with the looks of this one.  Is this an early version or do you have different graphics for the Vice?

Thanks,

Garn