Most skiers are riding broken down skis....

scoke

• Baller

DW, is torsion relevant? If a ski is reasonably stiff at all, it will not twist under waterskiing loads. Unlike snow skis, waterskis have even water pressure across the whole bottom of the ski. The small amount of torque from switching edges or uneven water breaking at the tip should not move a dial indicator much.

Anybody have hard data before and after data on a "broken down ski"?

Eric

• Baller_
Not sure, I have not seen any data to make a good judgement on it. I was simply answering the question on how to test, we do it a lot on race car chassis and it is very relevant but the loads are very significant there. The fin will create the asymetrical loads on the ski but it does not have much of a lever arm. The tail is also not very wide either so it probably doesn't take much force to actually twist it relative to the binding surface. My own thoughts are the dynamic rebound characteristics are one element that make a ski feel very responsive.

• Baller

Interesting idea. Snow skis seem really sensitive to rebound - but they are more flexible and the turns are much faster (for the bumps I like).

My slalom ski is very stiff so it doesn't have much flex or rebound. Rough water is a challenge for me. Is it the stiffness of the ski or my lack of skills?

Even a "broken down" ski of mine is very stiff.

Eric

• Baller

Back from a tourney.

54 skiers=80% of the skiers were on Goodes, mostly newer skis as well. Probably not broken down.

It's June 1st, are you riding a broken down ski and in denial?