2011 Radar Senate C

jaredH20

Got a friend who is thinking of changing from an 05 67.5" D3 x5 to a 2011 Radar Senate C 69". He is 200 pounds, quite tall would say 6ft3(will check). He runs 52km/h(32.5mph) regularly and has run 34mph on a good day. Do you guys think it will be worth changing ski? Is this the right ski for him?

I am 6'3" and about 205lbs. and have been looking into a Senate C among others. would you recommend a 67 or 69 senate C? I only ask b/c most wider skis, you drop the length as far as i can tell and a 69" ski seems quite large.

• Baller

I'm 6'3" and currently 195, down from 205 last year. I ride a 68" Strada @ 34 mph and a 67" Theory @ 30 mph. Personally for both you guys I'd suggest the 67" over the 69". The 69 is a BIG ski and really more for heavier skiers. Especially as you go up in speed and shorter in line length the 67" is going to work better for you IMO.

Ed

• Baller

I wish they made the Senate C in a 68" size. If you don't think your friend would be comfortable going with a 67" the 68" Vice would be a pretty darn good choice too.

The stalling could be a technique thing or it could be a fin adjustment thing, hard to say without watching him ski. Making sure that the fin and bindings are factory or close to it would be a good place to start.

Ed

I don't see the issue with the 69" Senate not turning quick enough.... That has never been an issue - especially with the new design. "Do you have sufficient surface area to support the skier in the pre-turn and acceleration phases" is the real question. I always hoped for a 70" Senate at my weight. Radar designs handle speed through the turn very well.

• Baller
jaredFish, You need to get with your local pro-shop who handles RADAR and ask to demo a 67" Senate, 68" Vice, & 69" Senate. You may also want to demo the 69.5" Vice. If you cannot do this locally, then go somewhere you can. If you lived in Alaska you could demo all 4 of these skis at my site after the ice goes away. Personally, I would start with the 67" Senate if it feels to small go right to the bigger skis like the 69.5" Vice or 69" Senate.

i'm going through a very similar decision, trying to decide between a radar senate c and a vice . but as i'm 165lbs, i'm right between the 65'' & 67'' senate.

running an ho system 8 66'' at the moment and quite like it, but not sure which ho ski to compare to which radar ski.

for example, s1 vs senate c ? (both 34 mph tournament skis ) or should i be looking more towards the coefficient x's. would really like to know which ho skis

you guys think compare to the radar senate / vice, thanks