HO A2

Skihack

• Baller

With all the buzz on the Goode Nano, there has been no mention of this ski. I've been waiting on one of these skis for some time now. Dealer can't get hands on one quick enough. Has anyone out there had much success with this ski at the 32 mph range with a 135 lb. skier?

Thanks!

• Baller
I ski at 34 (Men 5). I'd say it's comparable in speed and turns very well. I did run a 32mph/28 off as a first pass on it, but I can't really give you much comment as 32mph doesn't feel normal to me anyway. The ski didn't do anything strange though and I liked it quite a bit.

I rode the new A2 in December... I'm 165 and a 36mph skier. The ski rips! I rode the new Razor a set before the A2 and while the Razor felt faster, the video showed i was more balanced and ultimately ski'd a little better on the A2. I ran a couple at 32 off on it in December out of ski shape, that's good for me.

• Baller
My wife skied her A2 for the first time last weekend at 30 mph. She liked the ski over all and said it turned really well. She said it was hard to really tell, as it was her first set of the season. I did a few fin tweaks this week, so we will see how she likes it this weekend.

• Baller
I have been on the A2 now since February. I have my ski at stock settings and it is a great ski. It is faster then the A1 and turns nice and smooth really settles into the water when on edge. I have not had a need to move the fin. highly recommended.

• Baller

Trying to figure out my life. I got a 66.5 A-2 on Saturday afternoon. Could not stand it so I mounted my old D-3 Leverages on it and headed to the lake. Out of the box, with whatever fin setting were on it: 34 mph, 28, 32, 35, 2@38. In the boat. 2nd set: increased wing angle to 9 degrees.(still haven't measured fin). 28, 32, 35, could have stretched and gotten around 3 @ 38. In the boat. Sunday, (real sore from Saturday and not skiing for weeks) I mounted up the D-3 T-Factors, BTW they are the "bomb"! and headed to the lake again. Out of the boat: 28, 32, 35, 3@38 and was shocked at how late I thought that I was and how early I ended up at 3 ball.

My take on it is: It is a good cross between the S-1 and the A-1. It moves like the S-1 and acquires the angle of the A-1 without the bite. I will be interested to try it on a private lake without boat rollers. It has a lot of great attributes. I skied the Radar Strada last season (67"). I am also working on a 66" Strada and a 66.5 A-1. The Coefficient X is the most fun that I have ever had on a slalom ski. I skied a 67" several times last fall with some great results. The jury is out until I get an ample amount of sets in all type of conditions. I am 6' 0" tall and weigh 187. I am trying to find a ski that fits my style instead of changing my style. The shorter ski allows me to bleed off the speed that I get out of 1 ball, (Lefty) and turn 2 ball. I skied a 67 A-1 for 2 seasons and thought that it was great. Can't wait to hear The "Mouth of the West's" Take on it! C'mon Horton.

• Baller
The CoX was a real sleeper. At 28 it made these schoolbus turns and what went through my mind was "This is a joke". At 32, it started rotating very smoothly, but not amazing. At 35, it started coming around like a banshee and blew my mind. Wow, this is fun! at 38, it came around like a real muther! Who'd a thunk it after the school bus 28. It was the lighter of the bunch and I don't have a clue where the fin was. I am not a fin measurer. (But, I do draw a pencil line on everything before I ski on it). just in case. 4@38! Last October. I'd have one to ride, but not sure of the longer line lengths. Sure was fun.

• Baller_
Sounds very interesting!! I thought I was the only pencil pusher. Kinda cool cause it doesn't wash off the fin or a ski when you ski. Just erase and adjust whatever. I measure now but still break out the lead once in a while.