Schnitz's new spec ski??

rq0013

• Baller
It's still there. As for history being made, not so sure about that. Schnitz has been looking for a soft ski for some time and Manfred built one for him to try and he liked it. Harold is also on a softer ski (than we think of as normal) and is liking it. I'm going to give one a try myself as I'm sure I've never skied on a truly soft ski.

• Baller
So the new idea is to make a softer flex ski so it flexes more creating a larger rebound which equals more speed? Any other new ideas on the ski. IMsure the ski would break down faster than a stiffer ski then. Maybe an rtm ski would be better for this type of ski.

• Baller
I think the article said Schintz likes skiing on really soft skis but can not get Goode to lay them up that soft anymore so he found someone that would do it for him. So he thinks the ski is the "Schnitz" and will change the industry...

• Baller
The Warp has a very different construction. No skier on it has complained about it breaking down, and all skiers that I know are in one ski 300+ sets every year. Do not hit it with the handle, though...

Am I correct in thinking that the Warp is a coreless ski? If this is so and it is supported by internal bulkheads of sorts than it should take many years to break down, and this would only be caused by delamination between the interior structure and the walls of the ski.

• Administrators

Tell me again... who is making this ski? I have a list of skis for the year but brand new stuff is always interesting.

If they are going to sell it in US I am open to a review

• Baller

@Brent - I don't know if they have a website or not. I also have no knowledge about Schnitz selling them. I do know that Schnitz asked them to make a softer ski to try and they did (no specs for the layup were sent or used)...

• Baller

I skied on the MR last night. It is faster than any of the Fischer's I have (2 Orange, 1 Yellow). Whether it's the ski for me or not, I don't know yet. I'll ski a couple more sets on it Saturday.

@Horton - I'll send you contact information via email shortly.

@ral, I had a handle hit the top of my Warp. Left a slight depression in the ski, but structurally intact. Same thing happened when I pried my G-10 plate off. I even used wood under the pry bar. I think it is due to the ski being hollow.

• Baller_
The only thing that would have made that video funnier is if it was jetskiers. I think most public lake water skiers would agree. Still laughed my ..... off. Wife said "that's awful" as she laughed out loud.